Carby And Charger Help

KE55PIG

ive recently purchased my twin asian carbs and id now like to go supercharged aswell.

so my question is what it it that goes wrong with charging stock carbs ?

my idea was to what i though might make it work is electric fuel pump and regulator to make sure i got a heap of fuel there rebuild the carbs but main thing is to put a extra heavy return spring on the throtle so the boost wont just open it up by itself would this fix it ? or will i still have problems ?

If not is there any other ideas so i can't still use my downdraft twin manifold and get it to work ?

Also I'm talking low boost les then 8psi just want it for helping down low as i have high revving cam.

yes ive searched could find exactly what i wanted

cheerrs

Members dont see this ad

Sounds too complicated!

Were you planning a blowthrough setup?? So you would need to seal both carbs and pressurise them..

or a suckthrough, so you have to mount both carbs on the SC?

I think the simplest would be a suckthrough with a 2" SU carb. With the SC you won't need pump jets,which is all the SU lacks.

Can you mount the electrical clutch pulley off an aircon unit? Then you can have a switch under the throttle pedal so it only comes on at full throttle.

I want blow through.

I would like to build a box for both carbs and pressureise the box.as i want to stay with my manifold

so pressureising them with a stif return spring will work is what I'm hopeing aslong as all sealls are good and vac lines conected they should run well ??

You need the elec fuel pump because you need to provide more fuel pressure than boost pressure. Otherwise the boost pressure will push fuel back down the lines. Look into the fuel pump pressure carefully, you also don't want too much boost pressure or you'll potentially clap out the pump. I think Taz used/uses Carter Blacks with success.

As for boost pressure opening butterflies, google Pascals Law, I doubt you'll have a problem.

Have a read of this thread, cause I can't be bothered righting it all again.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=17418

As Philbey mentioned I used to use a carter black, which would be suitable for you if you only want to run 8psi. They can only cope with about 10psi max. You would need to use a RR reg too with the asian's as the won't like 12psi of fuel pressure at all, my weber needle and seat would hold the 12psi so I didn't use a reg at all.

Speaking of needles and seats trying to source a higher flow rate one wouldn't hurt. In the twin confirguration they're they're flowing half the fuel of a single carb so *this is only an assumption* maybe these N&S's are smaller than single carbs, if so maybe the single carb N&S will screw into the twin carb.

You should have a decent return spring on any car's throttle, and you won't need to upgrade it for this setup.

The 'seat' is the brass fitting that the petrol flows through into the carb bowl. The needle sits on top of the float arm and presses up into the seat to stop the flow when the bowl is full.

The needle has a cone shape on top to fit the bevel in the seat. Any dirt in there allows petrol to continually flow into the carb and flood it.

Check the size of the hole in the seat in one of the twin carbs and a single.