Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sr20 Non Turbo finally Started In Ke55 Coupe

Featured Replies

About 6-9 months ago I posted about sr20 conversions for corolla ke55 79 model. Well motors in and running and it cost me 4200 so far. All I need is the last few steps, I need info on what clutch masters have been proven to fit and also a little help with break boosters what fits and what goes close. All the work so far has been done by my neighbour and myself. Including a new pick up in the fuel tank, new fuel lines, all eletrical wiring, fuel pump wiring and fitting, moving engin mounts list goes on just need help with the last few things.

hay mate good to hear its running, ive seen a few done with ta22 clutch masters as there quite small and if you mod it rite can get it close to the master with out to much dramas, also seen a 180sx clutch master i think in marty ks rolla seem to just fit from the looks , iguess it all depends on where the engine is mounted to how much clearances you have,as for boosters i think the factory booster recoed works ok but you can use a 5/16 or 1 inch brake master cyclinder from a holden v8 ,this is the way I'm going , it bolts directly to the ke55 booster, how ever if you want to keep the ke55 brake resivor you have to do a few little mods to the master,nothing drastic just need a slight shaving off the top to drop the tank down closer to the master,i gots pics in the gallery some where of doing this I'm pretty sure, any way speak to you soon !great to hear its running mate , gives me abit of insentive to keep going at it ! cheers

Edited by JDM55

sound great, you have done well with the spending so far too.

 

Mine ran a 14.9 at the drags with a sr20de, that was with a heap of wheel spin too.

 

If you are looking at running the commodore master cyl, pm me about it, there is a small thing you must do, they bolt directly to the ke55 booster though.

 

I used a ta22 clutch cylinder, and bolted it to the factory location stamped on the firewall.

This does however require a fair bit of mods to the pedal box, moving the pivot point up a heap.

I did a thread on it somewhere on here. I have the pedal box out of the car atm, so if you want to do it this way, i can take pics next time i upload some.

 

Another member on here did a thread using a mazda (i think) clutch cylinder instead, his way looked much easier,

but did not use the factory location for the master cylinder. I think, but not sure, the thread starter was Kangaroosa?

 

What diff and brakes are you running?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I'm running stock brakes atm going 2 do the brake test when I get it moving see if I can getaway without doing that sort of mod othewise I got s13 struts n brakes ill mod and diff is stock atm if it holds ill keep it if not I see what I can find at a later date.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

got the ta22 clutch master and pedals from celica went in prity easy. with small mods brillant for the home workshop. $55 left to pay on tailshaft YEHAH. then radiator and exhaust 2 go finally the end of the list..... |blink|

Edited by shaded_shadows_KE55

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Drove my car 2 day good feeling yeaha (backyard tested)

 

 

CONGRATS MAN!

hanging to get to that stage got miles to go yet, hay what radiator are you gona use? having issues finding a one to fit up , had a s13 one but just a little too tall , heard of bmw radiators being used ,i just wanta avoid a custom made one, everything ive done so far is dam custom geting over it, let us know what you come up with!!

CONGRATS MAN!

hanging to get to that stage got miles to go yet, hay what radiator are you gona use? having issues finding a one to fit up , had a s13 one but just a little too tall , heard of bmw radiators being used ,i just wanta avoid a custom made one, everything ive done so far is dam custom geting over it, let us know what you come up with!!

mate ive got a wb radiator in my rally car ke70

ive done a thread on the pedal box with the ta22 clutch master just search for it.. hope it helps

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.