Time To Get Closer Together

chappo12

Well the stock exhaust and carby are choking the new engine badly, and the stock carby is really a PITA!

I'm fitting twin carbs, and to do so I need extractors (for clearance) and this means a new exhaust as well. (can modify yours, welder + me = mad fab skillz)

So size doesnt bother me too much, just need to do something to fix it and then when its sorted I might get a proper exhaust made for it.

Pretty flat out at the moment, I'll probly send you a pm to work out a time soon Chappo.

Keen to help out if I can Tommo, turbo sounds good!

thanks heaps guys :) yeah I'm probably gunna but it either tomorrow or sunday! its a pretty good deal if you think about it :cool:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rebuilt the 4K that was originally in the car

50 thou overbore, new pistons obviously,

Mild cam,

minor headwork 3 angle valve seats and general combustion chamber clean up

deck faced, head faced

sounds fantastic! how much all up ?

I rebuilt the 4K that was originally in the car

50 thou overbore, new pistons obviously,

Mild cam,

minor headwork 3 angle valve seats and general combustion chamber clean up

deck faced, head faced

Will be tops with a new exhaust! Once you get some extractors are you going to take it to a shop for them to

do the rest?

sounds fantastic! how much all up ?

hmm not sure really, about 1400, with exhaust and carbies inluded closer to 2000

Will be tops with a new exhaust! Once you get some extractors are you going to take it to a shop for them to

do the rest?

Was thinking I might just get someone to bend up the pipes, then weld and fit it myself so its how I want it. Or bodge chappo's old one.

Not sure where to go for extractors? Saw some new ones for 160, can't remember brand though.

yea well let us know ill bring them up to show spic

well alloy rad is in gilmer drive is in taking it to reliance rotarys next week for them to work out timing.

i was thinking of taking it to power cruise this year end of feb but it would have to have the standed diff welded at this stage to make it there.

don't know if i will do it or not.

ive got the r31 diff there just not the money or time yet.

well alloy rad is in gilmer drive is in taking it to reliance rotarys next week for them to work out timing.

i was thinking of taking it to power cruise this year end of feb but it would have to have the standed diff welded at this stage to make it there.

don't know if i will do it or not.

ive got the r31 diff there just not the money or time yet.

Are you going to be making mounts for the suspension setup of the R31 diff or keeping it a leaf rear end?

I'll be at work, sorry Vince. Sounds like you'll have enough hands anyways!

Sounds like this is coming along nicely!

Lunchtime ok everyone? I'm going to see some Live music at 6... If everyone less busy next weekend do it then?

I do have all of work off this coming week because of a concussion/head fracture/contusion from Big Day Out, so I

think I might get it done in that time :hmm: Was thinking could just have the fun part and have a BBQ; OR fully strip

my KE30 minus the rolling bits so I can work on the body... Then have a BBQ |blink|