Toyoshow 2010

SoulSearcher

Chobis - While you've take a lot of stabs on how to improve the show, it's easier said than done. I put my heart and soul into this show every year and people replying saying that no effort went in till the last minute just gets me fired up.

Mate I think you need to re-read my post then. I did not take a lot of stabs at all. I didn't come on here and say your show was crap and you didn't put any effort in. I'm very aware of how much effort goes into organising a car show. It really isn't easy. You can't tell me you wouldn't have liked more cars to be at the show and shine. All I said was it was a disappointing showing. I'm not blaming you for that. In fact I gave several reasons why that may be (ie other car shows, fringe etc.). The other thing I did was suggest some ways that other car shows are promoted. You may or may not have done these things, but I am not aware of them.

As far as I know the date did come together fairly late on (ie 2 to 3 months before the show only). Again, I may be wrong. There may be varying reasons for this, but all I am saying is it may help to lock away a date much sooner than that.

If my post offended you then it was not my intention. My intention was in fact to help some people on here realise how much effort goes into making a car show come together and in fact to hopefully give some constructive feedback. I understand you are very protective of the show you put a lot of effort into organising...... but without feedback from people or perhaps advice from people then you make it harder to grow or improve an event.

Don't come on here telling me I'm taking a lot of stabs.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big shows start organising the next event as soon as the current one is over. They put 12 months effort into it. Toyoshow organisers did not do that.

In fact we've been trying to get this show sorted for over a year, and also the reason the 2009 show was missed/skipped with lots of date changes.

I do *sort of* agree with a lot of your post however. Seeing as your view is a entrant view, I can understand why it might seem that way - which all boils down to not being publicized enough. The show dates were locked in during October, but if the entrants don't know that then it doesn't help anyone.

Trying to pick a date for the show is always a bugger, we've only got the available dates, then there is always something on!

Like I said, we are taking all suggestions and comments on board to try improve the show for the future. Any assistance with the show is also welcome.

I had a quick look on the Sunday. Shame there weren't more cars, but we've covered that.

A quick thing that bugged me and the people that I was with, does the loudest exhaust thing have to be done with the cars as displayed?

I'm sure someone will say I'm too old (:P) but it wrecked it a bit for me. It was lovely weather, it's a good setting, having a something revving its tits off right next to me when I'm trying to check things out is really off putting. Maybe I'm not enough of a hoon, but my mate who is another medium level car nut didn't really get into it either. Maybe you could have a "testing bay" or something?

A quick thing that bugged me and the people that I was with, does the loudest exhaust thing have to be done with the cars as displayed?

Maybe you could have a "testing bay" or something?

In 2008 we had a testing bay setup for the sound off competitions, which was oversighted this year.

For 2011 I'm certain it will return.

I was in a Mustang at the All American Day up at Modbury on Sunday, and we decided to leave early (mid avo) and check out Toyoshow 2010, so we drove down to Glenelg and the weather was heaps cooler down by the beach - absolutely gorgeous!

Aside from the smaller turnout, the atmosphere was great and we definately thought it was worth the trip across town (in a Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Ram that's heavy on FUEL).

Well done all, and I am heaps keen to enter next year with my rolla :-)

Cheers,

KJ :-)