Toyoshow 2010

SoulSearcher

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valandor I did say good on you guys for putting in a showing for Rollaclub ;)

I have entered many a car show before and understand the time and effort involved :dance:

So what, I didn't like the show :dance: Are you saying it was an impressive effort on the part of the organisers to attract 30 cars :) In saying I thought it failed I was having more of a go at the lack of cars rather than the quality but take it how you will I don't mind :laff:

You need to take a chill pill :wink:

I agree with Valandor. It was a dismal turn out but what you said Luke reads like you're saying there was better cars in a carpark than in the show and that going was a waste of your time is still pretty disrespectful IMO. If you just meant you saw a car that deserved to be out in the show later on that day by chance then that's how you should say it.

Was good to see all the familiar faces down there and have a chat to some other enthusiasts. Cheers to all the people who set up the rollaclub stand and didn't mind my group steeling your chairs and shade for a while :) Also to whoever's mexican hats that stopped me getting quite as burnt as my friends did ;)

I do hope they run it again next year as I'd hope my car will be ready to enter as well as encouraging some others I know to get out there as well.

Yeah cool - whatever :)

Here is a concept for you - if you don't like criticism or opinion on your car (or others for that matter) then don't enter it in a show ;)

And maybe you need to readjust your attitude and think before you put your fingers to a keyboard and see how others may perceive your post. :wink:

I read it exactly as everyone else did that has commented on what you said, and to be honest, I'm tending to agree with them 100% with their reactions.

This also isn't the first time I've read your replies to other posts and seen similar type of posts coming from yourself.

We're all equal here champ, its not hard to make friends....

Unless you're aiming to make enemies.

Something to think about.

Raven, ok I made a throwaway comment which has everyone upset ;)

To satisfy my curiosity I went through some of my most recent posts and can't seem to find any of what you are referring to. But I will take your word for it as I know there has been the odd opinionated remark here and there.

I am opinionated, just the way I am. But since we can't take negativity around here or criticism if I have something negative to say I will just close the window rather than hitting reply :)

I agree with pretty much everyones points and i guess some other points need to be taken with a pinch of salt. No point argueing we just look like a bunch of guys who don't get along ...... also just coz myles is gone doesnt mean there is a new guy to pick on :)

As a personal point for myself is that i work for CMI and there was no new cars on display from them ? there is a sweet ke1...somthing somthing in the show room and a formula 1 mock up, CMI own they own 3 car transporter ? that dispoints me. On all ford day which is coming up soon i bet Maughan thiem ford have a good display from their showroom as they are usally sponsers as they have in the past.

My parnter vess said i should have entered my car considering they probably had more than 30 trophies there i might have won worst condition paint ;)

I admit i only took 4 or 5 photos and spend 15 minutes maybe more walking past the cars and i lend my full support to those who spent the time and effort which is what makes a car show happen but as it stands on the way home at the hallet cove shopping centre i found a nice stagea i took 5 photos of, I'm not trying to say it was better just i would have liked to have seen more examples of cars i know that are sitting in sheds in sa that could be shared with the public ?

I'm sure there are some IPRA toyotas shannons could have gotton in touch with as they are also a sponser ?

I guess for me when a turnout at a show such as this is as low as it was maybe its an example to the organisers to maybe try a new approch to finding people willing to display their vehicles ?

All jap day I'm pretty sure will have maybe 80-150 cars next weekend ? and yes i know they are all different manufactures but even they should be pulling 200-300 plus cars considering all cars i see on the way to work in the morning, late night cruising and whats found in shopping centre carparks ect ect.

I guess i have made a negative view but its reality.

I'm looking forward to seeing ravens and tallys KE25's in a few years time on display and who knows maybe mine will be there along side them.

I can see both sides of this story.

When i read lukes post i decided not to reply because of what i would have said so i did keep it to myself, not that everyone should just the personal decision i made at that time. We all did put in a lot of effort and as i saw we were all a bit down about this years Toyoshow as i myself know of cars that really deserved to be there this year.

Those of us who have reacted like this, is probably the straw that broke the camels back as i think we at Rollaclub on the day i felt we were holding it together for others sake. Going on previous years turnouts this year was pretty dismal il admit yet it still dosent mean that we enjoy being put down, or "judged with the rest of them" as our cars are unique and not just another car on the road or someones driveway or carpark.

Valandor made a good first point and for someone to go and chuck it in his face with the comment "you need to take a chill pill" it almost seems like, luke can say anything and expect to get away with it but as soon as someone else comes along with an opinionated comment there shot down immediately.

Just my opinions and i can see people taking it harshly or agree either way its up to you and I'm expressing myself not stabbing anyone in the back or heart for that matter :)

Karl.

Anyway next year I reckon we should make it decent if they go to the trouble of holding it again. Going out there this year just made me want to hassle everyone I know with a decent yota to get out there and represent.

I was talking to the guys there from the ae82oc, although were smaller than some other groups out there I think we could well have our own display of at least 5 or so cars.

Anyway next year I reckon we should make it decent if they go to the trouble of holding it again. Going out there this year just made me want to hassle everyone I know with a decent yota to get out there and represent.

I was talking to the guys there from the ae82oc, although were smaller than some other groups out there I think we could well have our own display of at least 5 or so cars.

Yeah I'm keen on that, i was speaking to Lesley and we think if we could start with russeling up some of those guys with the KE1X's then that could have helped out rollaclub and the show itself.

Karl.

Wow RollaClub is becoming the forum of heated discussion.

I agree that Luke was probably a bit harsh but it is true that it was a disappointing showing. Nothing to do with the cars that were there, but the fact that there was only 24 of them was a shame. I too was probably only there for 15 minutes. There are a few major factors for this. All Japan Day next weekend I believe is the major reason. I decided I would prefer to put my Rolla and Stout in AJD than in Toyoshow. Why? I like the size of the show and I like the variety in the show.... but mainly because I have friends with other Japanese makes that will be in AJD and we can all have our cars there together. AJD will get 200+ cars to it.

Why not do both? Quite simply because of time constraints and that I have been showing cars for 15 years and I'm a bit over it so I pick and choose. Yep, it would have been great to have a bunch of the KE1x and KE2x folk represent at Toyoshow, but sadly the timing of the event also contributed to fewer entries I believe. On the same day was also All American Day. Personally I had committments there also and I know a couple of the other lads did too. On top of that there is a hell of a lot happening in Adelaide at the moment with the opening of Fringe being the same weekend. That means a lot of people have probably been out enjoying social activities and sitting all day in the sun at a carshow may not be what they wanted to do.

Finally - Toyoshow was last held in 2008. It was not huge that year either. I had the Stout in that show and entries were sparse. As far as I know it was not held at all last year and then it was difficult to find a date this year too from my understanding. Due to that I think it all came together a little last minute. Car shows are very difficult to organise. The big shows start organising the next event as soon as the current one is over. They put 12 months effort into it. Toyoshow organisers did not do that. Also it has not been overly well promoted. The big car shows in the beginning went chasing cars or groups of enthusiasts. Contacting them with huge amounts of lead time asking them to display at a particular show. Unfortunately for an all one make show like Toyota.... it's not enough to put a couple of posts on forums and hope the hoards come. Perhaps more was done in promotion than this, but I certainly didn't see more. Personally if it were me I would be PM'ing people on forums also to try to get a slightly more personal approach to attracting entries. Also sending entry forms in the post to people who had previously entered. If you look at the big shows though..... they get a draw card..... a car that everyone knows or that will be impressive......... often from interstate........ this car or these cars are all over the promotional material..... come enter our show... it must be a great show to enter because we have this awesome car that is going to be there. Once you have built a rep for a car show then you are set. People will just come looking for your show. All American Day is a good example of this. Rock 'n' Roll Rendezvous is a good example of this. All British Day is an excellent example of this. Even all these shows still put a lot of effort into promoting their events.

Toyoshow just needs to keep plugging away. Decide now when next years show is going to be and start planning it. At the very least 4 to 6 months before the show start actively promoting it and contacting people about it. It's the old retail story........ get a few employees of a shop to fuss around in one area like there is something happening. people bring people. Soon a customer comes over to look and another to see what that customer found that they may miss out on. Next you know you have 10 customers there.

Chobis - While you've take a lot of stabs on how to improve the show, it's easier said than done. I put my heart and soul into this show every year and people replying saying that no effort went in till the last minute just gets me fired up. I assure you the sponsors don't approach us, the webpage does not make itself, the insurance wasn't sent to me via email and Wigley and Boostworx aren't available everyday of the year for my choosing, etc etc etc...

Anyhow, thanks for the good feedback guys! We do listen and try to change with the suggestions.

Every year is a learning process for us, I'm no marketing guru, nor do any of us do this full time. So while we want the show to be as good as possible, remember that we have lives, the show doesnt make money so it's not like we can spend on advertising and putting a show on is a HUGE amount of work.

We will try to promote the show more next year, I think the judging worked a lot better and we'll keep working towards getting the format better.

One of the major things for me is to drop the dyno day in exchange for a motorkhana and take if away from a 'Show and shine' with some other events to a proper Toyota weekend.

Anyone that really wants to help is always welcome. :P

Roll on ToyoShow 2011.

You can keep up to date with us via facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToyoShow

Edited by turbo-a.net