Ke70 Differential

KE70_Rolla

how often do you have to change rear drum linings? i've owned like 4 corollas and i've never needed to change them. drums do suck ass, but you adjust them once and they're set. or if you're an idiot like me and just can't understand the goddamn things, you pay someone 40 bucks and forget about it for years and years :n:

Members dont see this ad

if you think changing pads on a sprinter diff is easy think again, if you don't know what you're doing you'll f**k the pistons. the pistons in sprinter diff don't just push back in to put new pads in, you have to SCREW the piston back in.

you can buy sprinter diffs( disc brake ones) but they are around $1000 and rising everyday.

as the other guys say the T-18 is huge in the brakes and would be your best bet.

If you're not careful with your brake selection putting discs on the back of your car will make your pedal feel even worse. This is due to disc brake calipers requiring a lot more fluid to work than the drum cylinders. Not to mention if you don't upgrade your front brakes at the same time, you'll most probably end up with too much braking power on the back (which is bad), or you'll need to put a brake bias adjuster valve in, and they aren't cheap.

Not entirely true. You just can't have one you can adjust from the drivers seat. You can have one in your engine bay or whatever.

the rally car is illegal, ya. :D

does that only refer to hyd bais valves or balance bars as well????

I'm not sure, I think it applies to brake balance bars too but don't know. Rally car has Wilwood brake balance bar with external adjuster (knob thing) yes?

I think most rally cars are illegal in some form or other. Well, for a start the rollcage is supposed to have removable side intrusion bars, most cages I've seen don't have this. I have a feeling you're also meant to not have them in the car when you're driving around on the road, but I don't know anyone who takes them out. Mine are removable only because of that. Also you're meant to have the standard seatbelts still in the car, and you're meant to wear them when driving on the road. Harnesses are not sufficient (stupid law). That includes ADR approved harnesses. You have to keep the track on the car within a certain range, I think every rally car I've ever seen has more track than that range. You're not allowed to change struts in the car for some reason. Also, you're not allowed to cut or weld any portion of the suspension or steering, so cutting off spring seats and welding on adjustable sleeves, or rose jointing lower control arms, all of this is apparently illegal.

I'm sure there are many more I can't think of at the moment.

Actually with the cutting and welding suspension components, I think you might be able to get that engineered. But no rose joints. I think it says something somewhere about it having to be bushed.

yeah i know about the rose joints, but this is one most rally guys don't know: if the manufacturer uses spherical bushings you can use them.

now that means from any model from the same manufacturer.

F**ken CAMS are idots that they keep the cars so regulated that i'll end up like V8 super series, BORING.