July 8, 200521 yr comment_56367 The diff in my KE70 has decided that is wants to shit itself (Not all the way shit itself but enough to not drive it incase it does break), I'm just wondering how much will it cost to buy a new or second hand one, it doesn't really matter if it is second hand because I will be getting a new diff with disk brakes just to upgrade them from shitty drums. So how much would a new diff be and to upgrade it to disks and how much would it cost to get a second hand diff, may have to get a new driveshaft because my cluth foot is kind of an itchy bugger, same as my throtle foot. Also is it bad when there is oil in the drive shaft tunnel just above where the driveshaft meets the gear box and should I replace that too if it is doing that. Report
July 8, 200521 yr Author comment_56384 Nah I'm going to upgrade to disks when I get enough money, but what I want to know is how much for another diff for the car. Report
July 8, 200521 yr Author comment_56423 One that will fit straight in and actually take a bit of a thrashing from an itchy clutch foot. Report
July 8, 200521 yr comment_56444 Nothing will fit straight into a KE70. The closest "bolt in" diff would be an import AE86, and you're looking at some $$$ for those. Report
July 8, 200521 yr comment_56477 T18 diff has no discs. But you can convert it to disc, again not bolt in. If you use a T18 diff you'll need to get the T18 tailshaft too. Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56519 my ae86 rear axle with discs was a direct bolt on to my ke70.. but I guess you guys only got ae86 with drums :n: Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56523 Well, he was asking for a bolt on diff with discs, so I told him like it is :n: Report
July 9, 200521 yr Author comment_56579 Actually I was looking for a diff and possibly upgrading to disks because I just prefer them over annoying drums. Anyway if I can't get the disks for it then I will suffer with drums. Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56587 I know the felling but T18 drums a HUGE. They completely fill a 14 inch wheel Edited July 9, 200521 yr by Jason Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56618 If you don't mind the drums, T18 diff is the way to go. You can get LSD centers for them too (for lots of $$$, but they are available). Lots of people want discs cause of the big myth that drums don't work. Lots of people want discs when they don't need discs. That said, I have discs and I lub them :n: Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56666 you have discs because you know why you need them and you actually do use them there is a large belief that most people want rear discs because they read it on the internet somewhere and it sounds good Report
July 10, 200521 yr Author comment_56731 The reason I want Disk brakes is because my first car had them, I prefer them over drums because they are easier to change the brake pads, I think, My KE70 for races, please it's to slow, a snail could beat it, Diff and drive shaft is weak, My old Mazda was better than it, at least that could take a thrashing from me and still not break anything. Oh well parents bought it for me because of what happened to me in woodridge. Never again will I go through woodridge unless I'm in a big group. Edited July 10, 200521 yr by KE70_Rolla Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now