Gze Not Making Boost

dallaske55

HI all,

As the title says, I have a 4agze, Its in a Ke55, I'm running a FMIC, Microtech ECU, and the Pulley is hooked up to a switch, via a relay and I have completed the ABV Mod. When the motor was out of the car, I played with the SC and it sucked and pushed air through.

When I start the engine the Boost gauge runs at 20 In.Hg. When I flick the switch you can see the Clutch pop in, it spins faster BUT when you rev it, the gauge doesn't move.

I've disconneded the Gauge and blown air through, and it shows pressure. The Silicone bends and clamps are new and tight.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Members dont see this ad
I'm 70% sure its cause by no load, go for a spin ?

That may have been the case with a big turbo but a supercharger should be able to make ample boost while in neutral.

Does the guage come up to 0 when you give it a rev?

Edit: Just for Evan......

:)

Edited by Taz_Rx

Um :jamie: you didn't plumb the boost guage into the brake booster line behind the ONE-WAY-VALVE did you!?

As you blip the throttle in neutral the guage should come up to 0. Hold it a bit longer and it should come up in boost. Make sure you don't have some sort of one way valve in the line that is giving you false readings on the guage.

my 4agze wont boost with no load but the moment i touch the throttle its gots to 0 vac

is the engine noisey? any knocking ticking? my 4agze wouldnt boost as my knock sensor was picking up on my cam shims that needed adjusting,

the boost gauge should connect straight into the nipple on the intake manifold (after the sc)

where you at i could come have a looky if you want I'm not that good at engines but might be able to get running abit better

evan g i have hit 14psi at 1400rpms now thats fun :jamie:

Edited by Roo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I had a chat with a fella at work - an ex-engineer and car finatic. He thought it could be a problem with the ABV. I've added some pics below. Basically he thought because the outlet pipe is soo large 3" and the intercooler is much larger than stock, (the amount of volume that needs to be pressurised) is too large for the SC12 to overcome vacuum - therefore the ABV will constantly stay open. SO, I shut off the ABV (with a piece of aluminium and bolted the ABV back on) and took it for a drive today and ... ... it made boost!

I didn't think of this as this is the original setup and the guy I bought the car off of said that it made boost.

So, now I have to work out how to remedy this problem so the ABV can work properly. I don't want to keep the SC on all the time.

5lovegtz, it was blowing a bit of smoke today. Another problem to overcome. I might have to set up the ECU to look after the SC. Another thing to try and work out.

Thanks for the patients and help all!

superchargeroutlet008.th.jpg

coolingsetup057.th.jpg

enginebay051a.th.jpg

08022010035.th.jpg

It sounds like its making boost, maybe you have the gauge hooked up wrong. I recently put a boost gauge on my gze and i was able to get vacumme but not boost, now that i have fixed the wrongly placed T piping it is fine and It also happily makes 10psi with a good rev in neutral. hope this helps mate. Also would blocking the ABV off cause problems?

Edited by 930LLO