Name The Supercharger????

Twitch

Hey guys,

I am finishing building my Ke55 project and I am after a supercharger that I used years ago but don't know what the name/model is.

It was fitted to the left of a 5K and ran off a pulley and was turned on/of via a clutch system. The clutch system was exactly like a choke cable, I pulled it out to turn it on and pushed it in to trn it off.

Any ideas? I have seen a Toyota SC14 blower but I don't know if this would be suitable or whether it is too much, (photos below are the SC14).

Anyway any suggestions would be great!

Cheers - Twitch

post-7185-1267170776.jpg

post-7185-1267170781.jpg

post-7185-1267170788.jpg

Members dont see this ad

How much boost are you loooking to run?

none of the below have a cable clutch, but the nissan and toyota have electric clutch and could be used with a vac switch and by-pass valve from the likes of 4AGZE (have one if you want it)

if low boost

AMR 300 Bike super charge also nissan micra NO clutch

AMR 500 Bike super charge also nissan micra NO clutch

AMR 900 nissan superturbo, this has a clutch and was used on a 1000cc turbo and supercharged motor, (have one of these setups too)

mid range boost

Toyota SC12 from 4AGZE has clutch

High range boost

Toyota SC14 from 1GGZE or with high ratio pully from 2.4lt engine (unsure of the motor) (got one for sale too)

M90 from holden/chev high boost :hmm: sky is the limit with this as its a screrw type blower and not a roots type, thus it is not limited in the rev's as the roots type is.

hope this help there also thous' of other type out there

Edited by Crostek

M90 from holden/chev high boost :hmm: sky is the limit with this as its a screrw type blower and not a roots type, thus it is not limited in the rev's as the roots type is.

hope this help there also thous' of other type out there

you'll find the eaton M series superchargers are actually roots type superchargers, not screw type. however bang for buck, they're still a great supercharger to use.

everyones jumped on the toyota sc12/14 bandwagon and blown the prices way out of proportion to what their actually capable of.

you'll find the eaton M series superchargers are actually roots type superchargers, not screw type. however bang for buck, they're still a great supercharger to use.

everyones jumped on the toyota sc12/14 bandwagon and blown the prices way out of proportion to what their actually capable of.

My bad :blinks: have looked further into it and they are a helical rotor type roots blower, that suck the air from the rear and push it out the bottom, this improvers the temp coefficient of the supercharge. IE the air coming out is not as hot as if it was the same size straight rotor.

iam getting 15psi out of my sc12 s/c i dare say that would be the limit for the sc14