September 12, 201016 yr comment_467837 Nothing else been done really. Just trying to work out if my gearbox tunnel needs any extra room for the gearbox or not. It clears as it is now. But the sump is sitting on the crossmember ATM. Report
September 23, 201016 yr comment_471007 This is now for sale :( but will only be sold if i get the amount i am after, otherwise i'll keep it. Edited September 23, 201016 yr by wpn36 Report
October 2, 201015 yr comment_472925 Try get a debt out of the way. But if it don't sell then I'm def finishing it off. Report
October 3, 201015 yr comment_473039 its on ebay id buy it but just spent way too much on 3 ke3#s lol.. any turbo kits left bro pm me Report
October 5, 201015 yr comment_473544 Didn't sell. Keeping it and finishing it of to enjoy it :) Report
October 24, 201015 yr comment_477862 any progress dude. I'm fully devo just got the 4ku in the wags went to start it up put some water in it spitts all the water out the back of cylinder 4 stupid head gasket Report
October 24, 201015 yr comment_477950 No good mate. Got it back into the garage now. Thinking I might get started with the wiring while I wait for me mate to bring back my engine lift so I can make up the mounts. Planning to do everything I can that's not going to really cost me anything while I save some money up. Got a big ass unexpected phone bill so broke for the time being. Meh shit happens. Report
December 22, 201015 yr comment_489979 well after alot of a f@$k around with trying to sell, had a buyer, got f@$ked around, dropped price, decided not to sell, then had a buyer so said yeah ok deal, got f@$ked around again. so anyways. so yesterday i got the car of the grass and back onto the driveway, the 20 owns the garage for a while. today was my last day of work for the year :) so after a knock off at 3:30 had a relax for a bit and at about 5pm went out and decided to get started on getting these engine mount's sorted. also i will be making the mounts for the block side instead of the crossmember side like other's so might consider selling mount's after i have mine all sorted if i get enough interest. time for the pics to do the talking now. i've been told numerous times to take lots of pics. make sure you click them for full viewing pleasure's :P removed the beaver panel, i think that's what it's called? this time bonnet of, wow it made things a million times easier and quicker. lifting the sr20 and box out. engine out. dropped of the gearbox. and also unbolted the engine mount's from the block after i took this pic. engine back in, sitting in it's correct and final position ready for me to weld up the engine mounts. passenger side engine mount, going to be a pain trying to get this side made up. drivers side engine mount, this one's going to be piss easy :) just gotta change the angle on the existing mount really, sorry it'd dark had to get under the car to check out this side. clearance to the firewall, just enough room for the heater hoses :) and last but certainly not least, Zora's version of helping out lol. all comments welcome, the more the merrier :) Matt Edited December 22, 201015 yr by wpn36 Report
December 23, 201015 yr comment_490045 are the mounts gonna pass roady and engineering???? Not doubting ya work but i've heard that vic is a c@&t to get anything passed, but good to see your doing it ya self bud, skid vids are a massive must once it's done Report
December 23, 201015 yr comment_490055 Should do. The standard sr20 ones don't really seem to be that solid so will be more solid then them. Going to use ta22 rubber mounts. They are 42mm thick overall and I've got my worn down rb30 ones to work with ATM which are worn down to 42mm lol. Doing all the work myself. Just going to tack some up myself cause I've only got A real old stick welder. Then get some proper material's cut them to the shapes and get my uncle to weld them up cause his awesome with a welder plus his got proper welders. Will only fab up mounts to sell if they pass the rwc with ease so I can guarantee them :) at least for in Victoria lol. Lol skid vids will come from a skid pan day or something similar. If the stock auto will hold together lol Report
December 23, 201015 yr comment_490057 A manual bellhousing clears the front of the tunnel with minimal fuss, the auto needs a fair amount of cut/weld to clear. may i suggest a manual? or for auto, if you can find my ke30 thread you can see the clearance required. cheers~matt Report
December 23, 201015 yr comment_490074 SLW42: Yeah, VicRoads are dogs these days. In order to get his engineered and street legal, you'll need a hell of a lot of things. - Brake Upgrade - Suspension Upgrade - Chassis Strengthing (cause the car won't hold the SR20 as it is) - A properly mounted and secure Engine + Box. Good to see you kept it mate. Dad and I were wondering why you ended the eBay auction early. Keep up the good work. Josh :cool: Edited December 23, 201015 yr by ewt Report
December 23, 201015 yr comment_490078 Ah so only need Mod it for the auto bellhousing. Gearbox itself appears to have heaps of room when I had them in together but yeah it was hitting on the firewall and that was with the sump sitting on the crossmember. Hmm tempting to go manual if it clears, was going to get the jatco built or get a built c4 once funds permitted. Any idea on how the rb bellhousings go for clearance? I've seen they sell adaptor plates for sr-rb and I've got a rebuilt mx7 ( vl turbo ) gearbox only has 2,500kms on it. Yeah I look in your thread quite a bit man it's very helpful :) Matt Report
December 23, 201015 yr comment_490079 SLW42: Yeah, VicRoads are dogs these days. In order to get his engineered and street legal, you'll need a hell of a lot of things. - Brake Upgrade - Suspension Upgrade - Chassis Strengthing (cause the car won't hold the SR20 as it is) - A properly mounted and secure Engine + Box. Good to see you kept it mate. Dad and I were wondering why you ended the eBay auction early. Keep up the good work. Josh :cool: Cheers Josh. I've got a spare vl diff laying around that I could use and change to disc brake or might get a falcon one. And not sure what i'm doing on the front yet. Main focus is engine in mounted and running before anything else. If they tell me I need to strengthen my chassis I'll go get a cage :P Matt Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now