Ke30 Leaf/diff/tailshaft Advice Needed

I have a ke30 2 door sedan with a jap diff. I was wanting to put a borg warner in it with stock rolla sway bar etc. I think its out of a ke55. Anyways to me the ke30 with the jap diffs seem a bit sloppy in the rear end. I think the ke30's ive had in the past with borg warner diffs seem to ride better. I know I'm going to have to drill holes for mounting the sway bar brackets that attach to the body. so here are my questions

Are the leaf springs differant on the jap diffs compared to those on the Borg Warner? ( the later model KE's seem to have heavier leafs to me from memory)

If so, will the later leaf springs fit in my 1975 ke30 2 door without modification to the car? Everything line up etc?

Are the drive/tail shafts differant for the differant diffs?

My intension is to take a borg warner diff/swaybar/leaf springs/driveshaft out of what I think is a ke55 and bolt it all in the 2 door. Do you think the car will ride better if I was to do this?

Any feed back would be appreciated

Edited by Killar_of_giants

Members dont see this ad

Wouldn't bother with a rear roll bar unless you want to single spin while you try to accelerate out of corners.......

If you change to a Borgy, you will need a check the tailshaft as some have diffetent bolt spacing at the diff flange. Again from memery, the spring packs are the same.

By the way, I have found that the jap diffs are stronger and have more ratios available.

Yeah the jap diff's have easier ratios to find and are also alot lighter. And as coln72 said you will more than likely need to change your tailshaft if your chagin to borgy cos where the tail shaft bolts up to the diff they will be different. ohh and the spring packs are the same