My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Kiwi-Corolla

ive said it many times already over on tc, but this is such a great build and car dude

Thanks mate :happy:

looks good ,ive just transplanted 4age 20v bt into ae101 rolla ,put on jap style lights like your one ,found ae102x model got all the door trims, now have power windows ,my one one was a csi base model aussie spec (load of crap) i like the fx front bumper are these hard to source in NZ, and are there many of your spec corollas over there I'm ex kiwi living in melbourne now really like aus but don't have the cool cars like nz, also own jzx100.

Cheers man. Your Corolla sounds nice. The FX bumper is very easy to source here in NZ. As of recently I can now ship bumpers overseas as NZ Post raised their maximum size limit on the International Economy Courier service. There are a fair few SE Limited sedans like my one over here, but every one I've seen has been unmodified. If there's any JDM parts you'd like just give me a yell as I send parts to Aussie all the time. It's very cheap to send stuff there :)

Members dont see this ad

so what rare/factory option are you hunting now?

Currently hunting for the extremely rare digital dash, the mirror tweeter pods and the a-pillar map light. Got another mod on the way but am waiting for a package to arrive from Japan :cool:. Will post the pics when it arrives :)

Very classy.... i love the mods very nicely done

Thanks mate :y:

The plum coloured toilet with the rare JDM auto flush system :laff:

Car is just absolutely amazing mate! :cool:

Hahaha, knowing me I'd actually have one of those if they existed :laff:. Thanks buddy, much appreciated :D

I attended a Toyota meet last night and a friend of mine snapped some shots of my car:

whipped.jpg

whipped2.jpg

Also, finally got my door cards reupholstered with the Corolla GT fabric (fabric transferred from one set of door cards to the other). I've had the GT seats installed for about 18-months, but never got around to getting the door card fabric transferred across because every upholsterer I went to wanted to charge between $500-700 :o (couldn't just swap the GT door cards straight over because the plastic was grey, whereas the interior plastic in my SE Limited is plum).

A lot of places didn't even want to attempt the job, mainly because the door card was all one piece, so they'd have to tuck it in perfectly whilst also lining up the holes for the electric window switch etc. Ended up finding an Indian guy who has been in the business for 50-years that was willing to do it for $180. Dropped it off yesterday before lunch and it was ready at 11am this morning :D

Here's the result:

IMG_4317-resized.jpg

IMG_4318-resized.jpg

IMG_4328-resized1.jpg

IMG_4325-resized1.jpg

This arrived from Japan this morning - An OEM cabin filter. It was a very rare optional extra, and I didn't even know it existed until about 6-months ago. I managed to find the rare cabin filter door to hold it in, so have been waiting for this to arrive. I installed it about half an hour ago, so here's some pics of the filter, door and finished product:

IMG_4343-resized.jpg

IMG_4344-resized.jpg

IMG_2850-resized-1.jpg

IMG_2847-resized-1.jpg

IMG_4202-resized.jpg

IMG_4214-resized.jpg

I like your member title, suits you perfectly! :wink:

New interior looks great, you can enjoy it & the newly purified air together! :cool:

Haha thanks! I figured I might as well change it to something more fitting :laff:

Yeah the cabin will be free from impurities now (or at least until I open the door or put the window down, haha). Should compliment the air purifiers nicely :cool:

Interior looks top notch, really finishes it off nicely now :)

interier looks the goods now buddy

Cheers guys. I'm really glad that I decided to finally get it done. Makes me wonder why I waited so long! :happy:

• 2 weeks later...