1jz Cressida + Big Turbo

sleepercorty

new tyres showed up today 255/60 15 et streets also new 8 inch bands for my new rims. at the moment i only have 235 on a 7 inch rim so should give me a little more road contact and traction hopefully. also got my custom springs made to stop it squating so much the springs i have at the moment are 185 pound and the new ones are 230 pound, no body could really give me an answer on what spring rate to go to so it was a bit of a guess so time will tell how well they work. i could have gone stiffer but i still want it to be comfortable

27102011708.jpg

27102011709.jpg

Members dont see this ad

new turbo time in next couple of weeks (ended up getting a pt6765 billet precision), first were going to dyno it again with my current turbo (t66) at 30psi then dyno it with a t04z without changing anything else then dyno it with the precision turbo to see the differences between the 3. they are all basically the same wheel sizes just different design so will be interesting

06112011759.jpg

06112011760.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

did a couple of dyno ramps today with the old turbo before it got pulled off and made 567rwhp on 26psi, its still really hard to get it to not spin the tires on the dyno but hopefully will get some sort of back to back testing. will do the t04z in the morning with the same boost then precision turbo will either be tomorrow or early next week

so tested garrett t66 vs to4z and results are pretty well as i thought, turbos are identical only difference is plain bearing for t66 and ball bearing for to4z. turbo was changed while the car was still strapped on dyno same tune nothing changed, t66 actually made 7 hp more on 2 pound less boost but its close enough to call them same. for all you die hard ball bearing turbo lovers it was definately no better for lag.

will be testing new turbo next week

26112011848.jpg