So I'm Thinking About Getting Another Rolla?...

Dann_m

Ok guys, first of all don't know if this is in the right section but move it if it isnt sorry.

I'm thinking about buying another 1 maybe 2 rollas, my first ever car was an 82 flat front ke70 i loved the little beast but it just didnt have enough guts, my current car is a 91 s13 silvia which I'm thinking of selling for ths simple fact that doing skids and stuff on the street is illegal and plain stupid, i know theres tracks out there but theres no point in wastin time in a n.a s13 with shit set up, so my plans are to sell it and buy a cheap daily, probably a little ke70 and then buy a base project ke70 for either a 4age set up or ca18det, PURELY FOR TRACK USE, so i wont need to bother with mod plates etc.

just wondering what you guys think about this, and yeah i know a few people probably come on here saying the same thing, (I'm gunna put a 4age in my rolla and skid) but yeah I'm actually serious about this, i've got a fair bit of experience in mechanical and pannel beating so i would do most of the work.

Please share your opinions,

Thanks Dan.

Members dont see this ad

Go buy your old one back and 4AGE it for daily use.

When you've got it all sorted and running sweetly and you've done the odd track day in it buy a rolling shell for bugger all. Then put the stock motor/box/diff back in the daily and move all the well-sorted gear into the race shell.

That way you've learnt a lot about the racing gear, got it sorted properly and have a fun daily driver while you prepare the race shell.

20bucks says you'll get it done! :jamie:

I knew you'd be back ha ha ha. Mines legal now bro! woop woop! Do it, 4age NA. Keeps it simple and fun. I'm looking at the same thing but will just have some fun in the 4k for the moment. Funds :P

Yeah bud haha sick, i remember when i got mine going couldnt wait to see urs lol!, yeah the good old 4k lol.

Nah bud, I'm on these ghey p plate laws can't do shit all otherwise id be straight up sr20det lol, but yeah I'm sure use 2 remember my old build didnt take me long and with these ambissions I'm sure id smash through it, i've got a full time job now so moneys in the pocket every wensdayy :jamie: my plans are to find a decent 4k ke70 manual stezza, ill dump it on some rims and thats ma daily, spend about 1500 - 2g on that, and then the rest around 4 - 5k on a track 4age ke. it's just the time and space is what gets me lol, i finish work don't get home till 5, and i've got a fckn huge boat sitting beside my house that is a great space for a work shop lol.

try and swap someone your silvia (maybe some cash your way) for a 4age'd ke

definatly do it though.

yeah id love to but i also need a daily for work lol, so hopefully theres enough cash adjustment for a cheap daily aswell.

I'm pretty keen i also have a mate doing a ca18det conversion into his ke70 so we will probably share one trailer etc because the closest drift track from us is only 5mins up the road :jamie:

rego'd stock ke (should) only be about $100-$1500

4age'd about $4000+

believe theres a yellow one for sale on ae86dc in Sydney

id much rather do the conversion my self, and for a budget one you can pick up a 4age ke for about 3k, but when i added up most costs, shell will cost about 500, engine etc about 2k then suspension etc another 2k so all up about 5k spent to get it on track.