Tyre Choice

Members dont see this ad

I chose C Drives and am very happy with the choice. They are on an E32 BMW, the car is a tourer so more a compromise between comfort and performance. Very nice tyres, excellent wet and dry grip, without being harsh. Found them to be very consistant in all conditions, great through standing water/puddles and give a lot of confidence on slimy wet mountain roads. They were very noisy though over patched road surfaces for the first thousand kays or so until they broke in.

For a thrasher I'd be going for the RE001's (or S Drives). Would have a more dry grip than the C Drives, but wouldn't be anywhere as nice in the wet. They wouldn't wear as well with their lower treadwear rating. I've read that the RE001's go off quicker when they wear down a bit.

Edit: Wish my tyresize was that cheap... 225/55/16 = $240 a shoe for C Drives.

Edited by Felix

Depends on what your doing with the car, If your looking for a good mileage tyre then steer away from the RE001's having said that i had them on my pulsar and they really did grip like shit to a blanket.

FYI, i got 6000km out of the front pair of RE001's on my pulsar, and were nearly bald :S Grip well but as any tyre that grips wont last as long.

Take your time deciding on what you wnat and whant you need as well as what you do with the car :D

Karl.