Worth Selling My 4k?

Ke20Kidd

Ok Guys, Some of you would have seen my build ke20.

It came with a 4k motor and runs perfect, Only thing is I'm a p plater so as soon as i Finish building it ill need to buy a 3k motor. Not allowed Engine conversions

Now I'm off work for a while with a torn calf muscle, And no income.

What would a Clean, Running 4k motor be worth? I would like to try trade it for a 3k, But i need money to support the paint now and worry about motor later.

Also, Another option i have thought of.. Would 4k internals fit into the 3k with boring and all supporting work done? and would it be worth it?

Members dont see this ad

I wouldn't have thought a 4k in a ke20 would be classified as an engine conversion.

In Qld it is just an engine change. No mod plate required, just take it to main roads and they note it on their records.

I'd check with your authorities though.

Also, Another option i have thought of.. Would 4k internals fit into the 3k with boring and all supporting work done? and would it be worth it?

Yes they do. Sort of. Unless you know someone really talented in a machne shop, don't do it. I have one of these beasties and it's not an easy thing to do. Cost me several thousand to build mine, and that was a 10 years ago.

Edited by Redwarf

I wouldn't have thought a 4k in a ke20 would be classified as an engine conversion.

In Qld it is just an engine change. No mod plate required, just take it to main roads and they note it on their records.

I'd check with your authorities though.

On the phone to them atm,Dam hold. 5 different sections :wink: and on hold again...

Yes they do. Sort of. Unless you know someone really talented in a machne shop, don't do it. I have one of these beasties and it's not an easy thing to do. Cost me several thousand to build mine, and that was a 10 years ago.

Shit bit out of my price range at the moment :P

Ill be happy if they let me keep The 4k motor in it. See what we are allowed to change i might be able to go 5k :wink: :(

A 5k might be needing a mod plate.

3k's go alright, really no difference in performance to a 4k. The 3k's a bit revvier, the 4k's a bit torquier. Really there is SFA difference between them (unless it is a dished piston 4k which go a bit harder) in std form.