Voodoo Ta22

MattyZ

technically and theoretically you should be able to mix springs between coilovers, i.e take a 6kg spring from a tien coilover and put it into the HSD's, assuming dimensions are correct, just a diff spring rate,

maybe thats just hopes and dreams but it's worth looking into

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

nah none lately, ive been out of action i cut my thumb and tendon so been out with that and not allowed to do much.

hopin to get back into it a couple weeks and ill get more photos.

small section of where the battery tray used to reside finish removing washer bottle bracket/relocate, and finish grinding the welds and engine bay is done.

rust kill the front panel and spray it black/por 15, and chassis rails. then prime the rest and paint voodoo blue.

nah none lately, ive been out of action i cut my thumb and tendon so been out with that and not allowed to do much.

hopin to get back into it a couple weeks and ill get more photos.

small section of where the battery tray used to reside finish removing washer bottle bracket/relocate, and finish grinding the welds and engine bay is done.

rust kill the front panel and spray it black/por 15, and chassis rails. then prime the rest and paint voodoo blue.

yea tru well hope to hear you back into it in a few weeks mate should be awsome

• 3 weeks later...

small update, not really allowed to do full on work on the car still so ive started to pull apart and give the heater/aircon units a tear down, clean(paint if needed) and new foam seals as the others are screwed, needs to be done so why not when i can't go crazy with the body.

will get some progress photos up over the next couple of days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much been done major just chippin away, aircon/heater box all painted cleaned ready fro new foam seals, and re assembly.

picked my hilux diff up, it wont need shortening, just needs to be swapped from leaf, to spring. started cleaning it up with the wire wheel.

thumb is as good as gonna get still stuffed but I'm back at work now i can really get back into it.

so slow steady expensive updates should be happening soon.

• 3 weeks later...

cheers mate, I'm gettin back into it decided ill finish off the interior rust wise, and get soundproof in and wrap it in plastic get it away from the frickin mice the f@$kers their shit is more corossive than rust its self lol.

ordering clear corner lights after easter, and a front lip nom nom, trying to hunt down some bolt on flares to suit if anyone knows of any give me a yell.

next:

coil spring mounts on hilux diff, powdercoated black. paint the toyota logo on the housing for shits and giggles.

disc brake rear for hilux.

LSD center

hunt for a w58 gearbox hopefully it handles 200+ killer wasps.

sway bars.

new bushes

anything suspension related.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordering a clear Racing jacket for it next week most likely. just collecting all the jdm bolt ons lol.

will be ordering a front lip, adjustable rear panhard rod, strut brace, and clear corner lamps from Sleeka Spares in the upcoming weeks too.

then order a set of bolt on flares, most likely from america. if i can't find some on toymods.

will try get some pictures of the engine bay and racing jacket I'm after.