Voodoo Ta22

MattyZ

Just a lil update, Almost finished seam welding the interior, all sound deadener has been removed found more rust in the driver foot well but not as bad as the left side and some rust in the floor seam that would be roughly under the driver seat easy to fix just a little but more time thats all.

then i can move to underneath and start wirebrushin the shit out of it get it ready for some new under body tar.

haven't picked up my RN25 yet as my mate has uni and we wanna give the good old 12R a thrashin before its stripped and sent to the scrappers.

and I'm buying a set of Halo Headlights from Ebay gonna run some purple globes for show coz why the hell not its different and will go well with the blue :fuzz::D

will try get more photos of progress tomorrow :)

cheers folkz any qs just ask away usually on rollaclub 32 hours a day :dance: haha

Edited by MattyZ

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a few more pictures got rid of most of the rust now on the interior just one patch of rust to cut and replace and thats behind the pedals, and then just need to cut and fill the 3 remaining drain holes, because thats what made the floor pan rust in the first place the plugs don't work.

New5.jpg

New3.jpg

New3.jpg

New1.jpg

and ive finished seam welding all the interior.

next steps

Repair rust behind pedals

Cut and fill drain holes

finish wire brushing floor

replace parcel shelf

box in boot

replace back seat ancor points

• 4 weeks later...

100th post woo lol

so i been up to a few things, shell work has slowed up a bit as i haven't had the use of a welder waiting on new tips.

but in the mean time ive started taking back the front struts, hubs, backing plates, bolts, get it ready for paint and new gear

ordered

new standard rotors

caliper rebuild kit

wheel bearings

body wise, decided to get fibreglass flares and go with a JDM theme, 14s copious amounts of dish, strap tow hook, flutes or trumpets, small front lip

figured out my plates too but keeping that under wraps till they're ordered

so heres a couple pictures

striped all the strut components with a wire brush on a drill works a treat!, and i officially hate grease shit gets everywhere

interior to date.

New7.jpg

New6.jpg

right strut and assembly

Photo04.jpg

Phubs.jpg

Phubs1.jpg

Pstrut1.jpg

Pstrut2.jpg

spot the difference

Pstrut3.jpg

Pstrut4.jpg

that all for now, please let me know ya thoughts and opinions or any tips always welcome

should hopefully do more tomorrow welding tips arrived today so i can do more on the shell and prepare the other strut for when the new gear comes in hopefully monday or early next week

Edited by MattyZ

f@$k yea looks awsome aye your doing well

cheers mate, love where yours is going too frequently checkin for updates

i would like to be further and probably would be if i wasnt so anal about attention to detail.

so just been workin on my engine bay starting to cut out the section where the battery tray was, rusted out and ruff as guts.

been tossin up with what engine to eventually throw in, not fussed bout cost

tossin up between

SR20DET

3SGTE

20V Turbo

even tho i would like all toyota I'm leanin towards SR just because its easy for performance parts and easy to get power from, I'm aiming for 200kw mark on no more than 15psi

oh and need RIM suggestions lookin for OLD school jap wheels different to SSR Mk series in 14s

cheers mate, love where yours is going too frequently checkin for updates

i would like to be further and probably would be if i wasnt so anal about attention to detail.

so just been workin on my engine bay starting to cut out the section where the battery tray was, rusted out and ruff as guts.

been tossin up with what engine to eventually throw in, not fussed bout cost

tossin up between

SR20DET

3SGTE

20V Turbo

even tho i would like all toyota I'm leanin towards SR just because its easy for performance parts and easy to get power from, I'm aiming for 200kw mark on no more than 15psi

oh and need RIM suggestions lookin for OLD school jap wheels different to SSR Mk series in 14s

do this conversion as a mate on mine told me this motor is actually a 2jz with 2 cyclinders cut off but everything else is the same basically interals and stuff same type of running gear

Edited by Undertaker_is_the_best

• 5 weeks later...

Updates,

Celica: has been slow haven't done too much, just grinded my diff down to bare metal ready for paint.

Photo001-2.jpg

Rolla: replace heater hose as it kept sprayin water into the dizzy. but hopefully soon manual conversion, rims, exhaust, rear louver, DX tail lights and chrome bars

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate, corolla nah no new updates.

and celica, I'm just trying to finish of the engine bay, replace the section where the old battery tray was, and a small section of the front panel will have pics up soon,

and ive started a new job so i have good income which means many parts for the celica

you've been a busy man since i last checked the thread keep up the good work, if i was you i would have tried to find another shell for the celica, it sounds like it has waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to much cancer in it, but you seem determined to bring it back to it's former glory :D , which is what i like, so keep into it and don't let it get ya down :D

thanks mate much appreciated, yeah my donor has less rust so I'm cuttin chunks of that fixin the rust on that then weldin it in, i woulda used the donor but had holes in the roof skin. i like a bit of challenge anyway.

anyways I'm lookin at gettin some ae86 coilys for the front, ta22 cambertops, longer LCAs (maybe), rack and pinion conversion which would ad -1 camber anyway. but hopin to have it in paint before christmas anyways but see how we go.

oh and the ute I'm gettin my diff out been thrashin that at a mates killer fun rolled it on its side twice and drove it up a 60 tonne mound of horse shit hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

small update,

havent done a great deal with the celica still tryin to finish off the engine bay, get some primer on it.

been doin some thinkin tossin up with ideas in the driveline department, engine maybe a worked 2TG with a snail something completely different yes i know i could use a newer engine, but a 2TG would be less hassle with legalities, and later on i can change and put it in the rolla if i still have it.

and the corolla, will be a manual reaaal sooon so f@$k yeah rubber ducky.