Voodoo Ta22

MattyZ

OK some soon to be updates or just a over view of what will be happening when I'm back in the game.

Front and rear suspension will be a HSD Coilover Kit

kit includes

>>fronts are a complete unit. 8kg spring rate with 15 step damping adjustment. (will most likely change to a 6kg spring rate maybe. see how it rides on 8kgs

They come with pillowball tops and also RCA's

>>Rears adjustable shocks which i thought would not fit but they are a straight bolt on and the springs are the issue being the wrong diameter so will maybe source a AJPS rear Seat and spring combo.

the full kit pictured below is $1900 from Sleeka spares in adelaide.

ae86hsd.jpg

Hilux diff should be in my hands sometime over crissy will get it chopped and disc rear end added.

Mazda brake upgrade for the front of the celica

thats all i can think of at the moment if i think of anything ill be sure to post cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update not much, but i just bought a new/old dash cluster that hasnt had the cd player molestation like every dash cluster on the planet, paid $75 for it, only changes i will do is make suitable brackets for Iridium gauges and replace the shagged wood laminate with carbon fibre laminate/sticker

35627_130930500299621_100001480159170_199581_382568_n.jpg

heres the guages i will purchase over time.

elec_irid_speedo_full.jpg

and the seats ill be looking at getting for it as well Brides, $1000 for the pair from Mad Automotive, or $550 each.

bride_gias_gradation.jpg

and i have a 14" set of stockies may look into some deep dish chasers for the old school charm but run some mad tread on them to fill out the guards and flares.

Edited by MattyZ

mmmmmmm bride seats, if ya get them re trim the bit that says bride into husband :yes: , 8kg springs will be stiff as if not too stiff for the front of the sillycar mate, i had super low kings in mine (couldn't tell ya spring rates but stiff :) ) and it used to just start to bump steer

yeah when i order the kit ill see if i can get different spring rates you would think so anyway id run 7 absoloute max on the fronts but ill prob go with 6kg just to be safe that seems to be the winning number.

my old man ran torana springs in the front of his for a while till it started crackin the welds on the strut towers :S so dunno how hard they would have to of been.

cheers for the comments, hopefully ill be able to get real updates soon.

ahh ok sweet cheers for the input!, ill try get a list of what spring rates they come in.

and good thing about AE86 being bolt in affair, i can run mazdabator front brake upgrade later down the track if needed.

I'm also on the hunt for bolt on flares if anyone knows where i could find a set.

oh and slo you wouldnt happen to know if swappin engine to another 1.6 is a regency deal or just a engine check to see if its red flagged and not older than the original engine?

Edited by MattyZ

We also do coilover springs at work if you can't find the rate you'd like thru HSD.

Seeing as it wasnt a factory option for that model, possibly.

Have a look thru Turbo Rolla's 4ag into E7 approval in the SA section. Alot of it may apply in your case, might be able to get thru with a certificate of exemption.

if it's the exact same motor just different numbers i can't see why they wouldn't pass it, i know in qld you can do that and just tell them you changed the motor for some reason i.e the old one spat a rod through the block blah blah blah,

As long as the damping rates arent maxed out, it shouldnt be an issue.

Anyway, he's removing the flex in the chassis via seam welding, so it would be a lot more rigid than your average run of the mill TA22 ;)

Edited by Raven

that is correct raven, whole body will be a whole lot stiffer, and 14 on the front spine shattering much haha.

yeah i was going to go to a 3sge but my uncle usually gets his hands on all sorts of yota engines, he owned 36panelvans i think his name is, with the white 38pvan with the 3sge he did all the conversion.

so if he gets a 4ag lyin round i could throw that in till i can afford a 3sge or te but ill prob just wait coz i have a 13t sittin there for it atm.

and good thing the HSD coilovers have 12 damper settings

Edited by MattyZ

yeah raven you also have to remember your j motor weighs twice if not close to 3 times more than the t series engine and then add in the weight of the car too,

8kg springs IMO will be overkill for a stock t series engine, sorry matty

yeah i always thought the 8kg would be only good for track and thats it, sa roads are the equivalent of a goat track its ridiculous. and the harder i go ill just start skipping across the road and prob find my self getting real comfy with a tree

id rather play it safe get something soft because then it gives me a good base line, and slo if hsd don't have anything suitable ill definatly get in contact,