April 20, 201016 yr comment_431163 hey all long time browser first time poster i originally had an ae82 twinky which i put a 4agze engine in, i really only changed the engine harness in the twinky. Ive just bought an ae82 sedan which had a 4ac in it which I'm swapping for the 4agze do i need to swap the interior harness or should most of the wires be the same between the 2? they both have the fuse/circuit boxes in the kickpanels, both have the same ignition barrels and steering etc so I'm just not to sure... i have the harnesses out of both cars i just don't want to have to swap them over if i don't need to. thanks in advance big ben Report
April 20, 201016 yr Author comment_431188 The only actual 4agze harness i have is the engine harness the rest are either 4age harnesses or 4ac harness and is there a particular reason why? Report
April 20, 201016 yr comment_431201 I did 4ac to 4age and i had to change everything but yes, both looms look very similar. I just changed the Dash loom because i didn't want the headache of trying to figure out why stuff was not working and if one wire was wrong, it would have taken me ages to figure out. If you could get a 4agze engine working on a 4age dash loom then just change the 4ac loom to 4age one then do the convo. :dance: Edited April 20, 201016 yr by Johno Report
April 20, 201016 yr Author comment_431203 Yea good point. I just really hate wiring and don't want to have to pull the dash apart :dance: but oh well i guess I'm going to have to By the way Johno i like your sedan :) I really havent seen many around ill put up a build thread shortly of what ive done so far. Report
April 20, 201016 yr comment_431276 Cheers bud, I hate pulling out the dash too but its better than all the mucken around later. The best way to do it is just grab some "glad zip lock bags" and get a note pad. As you take off the drivers air vents, write it down and mark it as 1. Undo the little screws around the cluster and write 2 on the notepad and put the screws in the zip bag and write 2 on it. As you keep taking things off, write it down in detail and when it comes time to put it back together just follow the list back to 1 again. Thats how i changed my dash :dance: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now