Yellow Panel Van

the_van_can

Members dont see this ad
Nice Panelvan mate.

I like the 4agze idea. Would make a wicked little Panelvan to drive in. :blinks:

Keep us updated.

Josh :blinks:

thanks mate yah its awesome fun to cruise round in, one of my mates was very surprised thought it would get more body roll then it does.

I've been silently watching your thread, you and your dad seem to have some skill good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

got some parts in the mail today for the ADM 4agze, leaves me with just the pistons left,

so far the bill is $380 + $350 + $165 + $50

4agze fuel rail

post-6547-1276592142_thumb.jpg

4agze injectors, little bit dirty but the o-rings still look great, really happy with them.

post-6547-1276592228_thumb.jpg

also my sister bought a jeep wrangler 97 model, 4.0litre 4 cylinder heres my thoughts after the first drive

pros: awesome for 4x4

cons: mostly related to around town

heaps of body roll

horrible steering

slow, comparable to my 4k when I first got it - I had foot to the floor in the wrangler on a straight road in 4th

and I seriously think I couldn't get it over 80

you have to be crawling in third before it lets you into second

clutch has to be slammed to the floor before the car lets you turn it on

post-6547-1276592611_thumb.jpg

wondering how long its gonna be before she gets over it.

Edited by the_van_can

• 3 weeks later...

hay guys, check out my new part for my 4agze

I got a crank angle sensor :)

post-6547-1278061770_thumb.jpg

so I can run a coil pack, so I have an ems computer so I was looking at these

post-6547-1278061972.gif

This coil is suitable for use with distributed ignitions and coil per cylinder ignitions. It is an inductive coil that is not recommended for CDI use.

so if anyone can confirm because I'm still new to this stuff, these should work fine I have no idea about cdi or anything.

They also have one that is a double ended coil setup to run wasted spark, once again something I'm not too farmiliar with.

• 1 month later...

so did some work to the car, car had leaking cam seals and cam cover seals, replaced those. Dizzy was leaking, bought the $22 rebuild kit from

kbox.ca and got a mate to rebuild it, he said it was a pain in the ass because I have the small port, way harder to get gear off and the bearing out.

check out the new fuel pump

post-6547-1281790002.jpg

its a re-labled bosche pump.

its an Audi 90 external fuel pump with vw logos on it got it from euro wreckers. it says made in france so it's only about 2-3 years old, its a new one.

car runs soooo good with descent pump, i was using a cheap chinese pump previously, and it was causing the lift pump before it to work hard out,

now my whole fuel system is quiet as. strongly recommend using descent fuel pumps no matter how broke.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since I've update,

Have been having all sorts of engine problems, have a new question in general mechanical section each week to try and fix them

as I am still learning alot and my mechanic mates help me with everything.

been having pcv issues that just don't make sense and leave mechanics scratching their head

but its fixed now motor NEVER blows smoke and always runs great,

fixed fuel delivery issues, fuel pumps dieing etc.

so anyway engine is always running great when it is running.

decided to upgrade the diff to a T series :)

also in the near futur I'm ugrading the fuel system so that I can get rid of the surge tank and lift pump

and go to a in-tank fuel pump. The fuel smell in the car is too dangerous to inhale, I will also need to weld up the holes I

drilled in the rear of the car for the fuel lines.

pulled old stocko diff out

post-6547-040223900 1298004508_thumb.jpg

post-6547-087953500 1298004528_thumb.jpg

pic from my phone of the new mounts

post-6547-027399600 1298004609_thumb.jpg

the new T-18 diff to go in, will require fair bit of modification, the coil spring stuff will have to be cut off

post-6547-084983800 1298004830_thumb.jpg

new and old diff

post-6547-009968100 1298004912_thumb.jpg

JDM AE86 tailshaft, hoping it will work not sure. I have 22 spline T-50 going to a t series so it SHOULD be perfect

post-6547-003921400 1298004968_thumb.jpg

also go my hands on a some AE86 gear for up front, struts, springs, JDM vented and slotted rotors, braided brake lines

post-6547-093223200 1298005081_thumb.jpg

post-6547-031410300 1298005108_thumb.jpg

everyone is going to think I'm mad but I have ultra low pedders springs or brand new king springs at stock 86 height, going to go with the stockies for now,

It suits me better to have a higher car, although I want to lower it so much because it would look awesome.

Edited by the_van_can

Nice dude :) I'm curious to see how you do the fuel system. i need to improve mine.

with the diff conversion you will have to used different/new U bolts for the axle because T series housings are thicker than s series. I used U bolts from a t series corona (rt104?)but i also had to grind the housing a bit to get them to fit snug. (the ra60 housing i used had a taper on it +slightly thicker than the corona t series)

Nice dude :) I'm curious to see how you do the fuel system. i need to improve mine.

with the diff conversion you will have to used different/new U bolts for the axle because T series housings are thicker than s series. I used U bolts from a t series corona (rt104?)but i also had to grind the housing a bit to get them to fit snug. (the ra60 housing i used had a taper on it +slightly thicker than the corona t series)

sweet, thanks for the info, gathered I'd have to get different u-bolts. just can't wait to get it going again because my temporary car chugs the fuel, spent $63 on fuel in 5 days too and from work, need to get back to the 1.6 litre ftw.

so the old mounts have been cut off, and the new fabricated mounts have been tacked into place. It was waaayyy easier than I expected.

A mate that is experienced doing it helped me out and all we had to do was find the centre point of housing (width wise) and measure from

side to side a few things and just tacked it into place, then it's off to get tig welded. If you have the righr cutting disc you can grind

off the old mounts like butter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hows this thing coming man

yah been a bit slow been pretty bussy latly

this thing looks overrated seen it today at supercheap very very clean

thanks mate, re-did the fuel system still got a few issues I gotta fix, this might be up for sale in the future, need a more suitable car

this thing is soooo much fun to drive, its so hard to get rid of.

this is a cool car.

ive not seen this thread before, keep up the good work, will keep my eye open for updates!

i probably would have put that fuel system under the car (I'm not a fan of fuel inside the car), but hey if it works it works.

• Upvote 1