Need Help With My 95R

being given a set of 98 WRX frint bucket seats.

now my issue is.

how hard to fit?

yes i no ill need engineering, but willl it need to be done as soon as the seats are mounted ????

Don't know about NT but technically you have to have all seats fitted by an approved seat fitter, just like an Approved Inspection Station for mechanics. I've never heard of WRX seats fitting (someone feel free to say otherwise), you may be able to switch the actual rails off the stock AE95 seats onto the bottom?

Otherwise you may have to drill new holes for them to go on, or mock up some solid state brackets to bolt into the car.

Members dont see this ad

Anything will fit into anything with enough work :lol:

Have a look at them when you get them and see what you can cut out of the base. If they're anything like the 00 rexxie seats I have in my 71 they're going to sit high unless you hack the bases up. For those I ground the standard rails off and welded em on with a bit of square tube up under the corner that wouldn't sit flat.

yea man same seats. ill do some looking at cutting the bases off when i get back to brissy.

even if i make a mount to bolt the seats onto original rails... dno will investigate when i get home

I'm about to fit some Recaro LX's in my AE86. Didn't want to hack up my existing Jap seats for rails, so found a pair of stocko seats and cut the rails off those. Had a good look but it wasn't going to be that simple to modify them neatly and safely. Important your seat mounts don't break whilst going around a corner....

Had a look on yahoo, and there are millions of purpose built rails to suit various cars and seat types.

So now have a pair of rails on the way for my exact seats to go into an AE86. Cost $106 each set (plus post etc of course)

I would have a look around, you may be surprised.

• 2 months later...

ok its been a while sence ive posted on here, but its time again...

I'm in need of a RHF parker lence assy, and a RHR tail light assy, i need them so i can get a rwc... unless someone around town can help me out in that department...

any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated