Fuel Pump Help Needed

skidrat

hey there guys this might sound stupid but i have a ke70 panno that has a 4K with a cam, shaved head, twin solex's, and extractors. the problem is i keep killing standard fuel pumps. i am now thinking that standard pumps might not be good enough to do the job(or they could just be crap pumps). would anyone know if A. they are to small? B. what would be a good and fairly cheap setup i could use to get the job done if i need to go bigger.

cheers sam

Members dont see this ad
hey there guys this might sound stupid but i have a ke70 panno that has a 4K with a cam, shaved head, twin solex's, and extractors. the problem is i keep killing standard fuel pumps. i am now thinking that standard pumps might not be good enough to do the job(or they could just be crap pumps). would anyone know if A. they are to small? B. what would be a good and fairly cheap setup i could use to get the job done if i need to go bigger.

cheers sam

are you using the 10mm spacer between the fuel pump and engine block?

you don't PUT a spacer in, from factory they should have a 10mm spacer there.

grab a light and go double check.

if its just fuel pump then block then thats the reason you keep shitting fuel pumps

ahh ok the car is currently at my work(where i towed it after it shat itself) but i will have a look on monday. thanks for the help man this motor had just a plate blocking it off when i got the motor because it was running an electric pump before. so i doubt i would have put a spacer back in there when i put the mechanical one back in. thanks again sam

yeah thanks Evan much appreciated i fixed it today got a new spacer from repco i think 6 bucks in total put another pump i had lying around home on and she runs sweet. it actually wasn't just the diaphragm the actual arm that goes into the block had snapped of and when it was recovered (from the bottom of the sump) it had about three separate area's where there where cracks in it. so thanks heaps for your help because i would have never figured that out without getting another car right next to mine.

thanks Sam