Jdm Ae86 Brakes

Jesseb369

Members dont see this ad

Yes the vented calipers bolt straight on. Make sure they have the casting 2022 on them. Bear in mind you need to factor in the cost of a rebuild. Genuine rebuild kits run at about $80 for a pair.

Just buy your rotors here from RDA

As for where to buy them? On the various forums at a premium. US ebay or yahoo japan cheaply, but need to factor in the brokerage charges if using yahoo plus postage obviously.

Postage for a pair of calipers from the US should be $USD45 if the seller uses a fixed price USPS box, but be very careful and confirm postage first.

Edited by parrot

as stated they will just bolt to your ausi struts no worries.

i highly recommend the GSL rally sport bloke who is a sponsour on this website. very good to deal with, and ships fast!

i just bought a pair of jap 86 discs (RDA7500S, S is for slotted) for $240/pair from him. epic price compared to other suppliers.

repco doesnt do RDA, and the best price i found was bursons that wanted $175...per rotor...

I'm a little skeptical of using thinner brake pads to accomodate for the vented disc, but apparently it works.

i got some jap calipers quite cheap, but then went and spend $240 on getting them rebuilt with stainless steel bore, new piston and seals. they had better be good thats for sure.

oh and your current rubber brake lines will work with the jap calipers too.

I'm a little skeptical of using thinner brake pads to accomodate for the vented disc, but apparently it works.

Yep, sure does! We actually order it from QFM like that, so there's no issues in that respect. It's not a pad that was manufactured thicker and ground down, they were actually manufactured at that thickness specifically for us.

We've only got them on the shelf in A1RM, but if you only wanted HPX (Bendix Ultimate equivalent but very low dust and rotor wear) we could order them in. $79 and allow 4-5 weeks for manufacture.