Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4afc Intake Cam Gear Set Up

Featured Replies

Gentlemen, I'm in need of some assistance, as no amount of extensive searching has given me the answer. After recoeing the head, I've found that the intake cam in this engine has a two piece gear arrangement that after some searching have realized that I should have inserted a bolt to retain it in it's original position. Does anyone know how to set it back to original. Thanks

I don't think it has the bolt from factory, what you do is push the two halves of the hear in oppersite directions till you can slide something in that hole, anything that size, put the cams in and release the pin. Damn slave gear drive...

  • Author

Thanks Sam Q, I am away from the car this weekend but I'll have a go on Monday. Any idea what the reason is for this setup. Thanks

The springing action of the slave gear is to take up the slack between the gears and keep them in constant mesh. An allen key or a cut down screw driver can be used to hold the gear and spring gear together.

Edited by AE70

well said, the gears via spring force try and turn in oppersite directions so the cam is always in the same position relative to the other cam. This improves timing accuracy and as a friend found out stops a surprisingly large amount of noise as the gears flop around.

 

Look I am not explaining it very well, I suggest a workshop manual for this one

  • Author
well said, the gears via spring force try and turn in oppersite directions so the cam is always in the same position relative to the other cam. This improves timing accuracy and as a friend found out stops a surprisingly large amount of noise as the gears flop around.

 

Look I am not explaining it very well, I suggest a workshop manual for this one

 

 

 

Thanks heaps guys

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.