3sge Beams With 6 Speed In A Ke25

Carts

Members dont see this ad
does some one know if a 3sge beams with 6 speed fit in a ke25 corolla

I'm just about finished my conversion in my KE30. I found that the 6 speed is an extremely long gearbox and the shifter would've been where my handbrake is so I'm using a W57 with a modified bellhousing. Have a look at the link below any other questions just ask away.

I'm just about finished my conversion in my KE30. I found that the 6 speed is an extremely long gearbox and the shifter would've been where my handbrake is so I'm using a W57 with a modified bellhousing. Have a look at the link below any other questions just ask away.

Thanks this is a great help. I will have to do a measure up and i was thinking there are a lot of cars with remot shifters that may be worth looking at.

Thanks this is a great help. I will have to do a measure up and i was thinking there are a lot of cars with remot shifters that may be worth looking at.

No problems. Yeah to be honest I never looked into moving the shifter but I am sure there is a way of doing it. I just figured that it was easier to fit the W57. The 6 speed would be nice tho.

okay so I thought I would do a wee bit of research. Apparently you can unbolt the shifter off the back of the 6 speed ( J160 or AZ6 ) and turn it around to the forward position which is 2 inches further forward. This is still possibly not quite enough to clear the handbrake though ?

Apparently The AZ6 is fitted to the SXE10, the S15, the RX8 and the MX5 Miata.

You learn something everyday aye ? The olds have an RX8 with the 6 speed, it has an extremely short shift from factory and it is a bloody nice box to drive with.

Anyway I hope this helps.

Phil.

okay so I thought I would do a wee bit of research. Apparently you can unbolt the shifter off the back of the 6 speed ( J160 or AZ6 ) and turn it around to the forward position which is 2 inches further forward. This is still possibly not quite enough to clear the handbrake though ?

Apparently The AZ6 is fitted to the SXE10, the S15, the RX8 and the MX5 Miata.

You learn something everyday aye ? The olds have an RX8 with the 6 speed, it has an extremely short shift from factory and it is a bloody nice box to drive with.

Anyway I hope this helps.

Phil.

Think I will have a look at some remote shifter from other cars and vans to see what sort or clearance is required.