Ke Clutches Early To Late

I think you're really starting to make mountains out of molehills here cam. It's really pretty simple.

Exedy do sell clutch plate/pressure plates etc etc seperately, so just tell them you want:

1, Normall KE3X-7X full kit, but with a KE1X clutch plate. You can get a heavy duty 3X-7X option which sould have higher clamping force.The clutch plate will just be a stock organic one though.

2, Get a full KE3X-7X heavy duty kit as above, but tell them instead of a 21.6/19T centre you want them to put a 18/16T centre in the 3X-7X heavy duty plate. It'll cost just slightly more as it'll be a custom clutch plate, but everything will be heavy duty.

FYI - When you star looking at the upper end of Exedy clutches the price can go up a lot quicker. My K-T HDCB kit was like nearly $400, and I paid cost plus freight!!!!

Members dont see this ad

YAY no touching of unwanted part.

KE70 clutch pressure plate fits over stock KE1X clutch disk easy as no interfering with other parts :jamie:

Think I am liking option one Taz that is what I was thinking I have to see my guy tomorrow arvo to see what I can order and ill get the clutch :jamie:

Also noticed when I pulled the clutch off the KE17 (original clutch still on motor ) on the 6 bolts retaining the flywheel they all had a locking plate that they screwed on top of and the tabs bent up over the bolts. Has anyone else seen this before? As in all my time the cars I have removed motors from K ones that is and that never seen this. Might of been a factory thing. But locktie is jsut as good..LOL

Cheers

Cameron

auction house in japan.

Jun still make them new can order one here for posted and all for $1500 AU I worked out after contacting them and that etc. And at that rate it would be worth more than the car itself..LOL

TODA have stopped making K fly wheels.

Cameron

That price I got was at AU$1 = 70 yen

Edited by camerondownunder88

auction house in japan.

Jun still make them new can order one here for posted and all for $1500 AU I worked out after contacting them and that etc. And at that rate it would be worth more than the car itself..LOL

TODA have stopped making K fly wheels.

Cameron

That price I got was at AU$1 = 70 yen

Yeah there damn expensive i knew about the toda ones TRD apparently make/made one too I'm so tempted to waste stupid amounts of money on a k engine and this would be a perfect way to do it haha

My TRD parts book for the year 2001 list a relabeled TODA fly-wheel as a TRD item. They did that to their shocks, CDI units etc and I bet a TRD one would be harder to get..LOL

But for an update on the thread...

Ordered a KE70 heavy duty sports clutch kit today and a KE1X clutch stock OEM clutch disk :jamie: Should be in the shop tomorrow.

I rang exeedy but and got individual part numbers for the K motor clutch parts so you can ring and order them I'll dig the note out of my wallet later and post them for further reference and could stick them in the FAQ.

Cheers

Cameron

Quick reply.

Got a clutch.

I got a sports tuff KE70 kit the button clutch kit with more clamping force and that but got a stock KE1X clutch plate thrown in :lol:

Was $210. Think thats a good price..LOL

So now to get bolts to attach the clutch to the flywheel :blinks:

http://www.probolt-australia.com/Home

This flywheel will one day end up behnd my hot 5K which might happen sooner than later after probably destroying the 5K in my KE15 today :blinks:

Cameron