Contact Point Optimal Gap

Starlet82

hey all!!

After a month of looking around for a new engine for my Ke30, I finally found one and was successful in changing my old 3k into a new 3k also.

now it has a bigport head, TRD exhaust manifold, stock carb. (when I bought the engine it had twin down asians).

had to change carbs because fuel here is very expensive. and now its running great!!

now for the question, what should be the best gap for the contact point? i have tried the search button and I did not find any good results.

OT: grimwolge, I still have the thing that you need, might ship it to you in about a week or two.

thanks in advance for the replies.

Members dont see this ad
14-16 thou is what you want, but the best way is with a dwell meter, the reading should be 49-54 degress.

or even better F**k the whole lot off and put electronic ignition on it, it'll start better and you get a better spark.

Well....actually, i've been contemplating on this, but I really have no experience with these electronic dizzys...

i already have the igniter and the distributor itself. haven't had the time to tinker with it and the dizzy is kinda stuck to one spot, goodbye advance.....

Anyways, thanks everybody for the reply.