My Ke55

lumina78ke55

hey all new on here and apon finding this site it gave me the inspiration to get ANOTHER rolla

this time i plan on going through with the build..... so far any way

picked up the 78 with 4k 3 spd auto fairly low km's too

so far pulled some bits off cut some rust and straightened out front quarter dent.its going need a fair amount of 'cut and shut'

due to the large amout of rust :yes:

for now I'm looking at granny spec but keen for a transplant later on... ill post pics tomorrow hopefully

ps thanks too all for ur topics on builds its going to make my build ALOT easier

cheers ryan

Edited by lumina78ke55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good basis for a project I had a similar thing with my ta22 build lol still going but was a cheap find good luck with it mate

thanks bud. final plan for this is this V but depends on how sucsessful i am with gettin this rust sorted-hence granny spec first(cheap)

ps this pic is off the net

post-11376-1277516564_thumb.jpg

ok so update just waiting to get my hands on a mig welder to start the 'cut and shut' process.

due to owing money and waiting to be paid owed money things are moving VERY slow

but have cut some rust but the more i cut the more i find :)

but ive got 9 months till i get my licence back so ive got time...

lookin for ke30 bumbers,bonnet and grill (and centre caps for wheels)

i saw all these at 'U PULL IT' at elizibeth just before i bought this car. all in GREAT nic but didnt get them due to not having the car yet :)

ps only 148,000 km on the clock :)

Looks like a good project base mate.

Where abouts in adelaide are you?

Mig is definatly the way to go for rust repairs. If you get one, get your hands on some 0.6mm or 0.9mm wire.

CHEERS

Ryan

I'm in blair athol (near gepps cross)

thanks for the tip

spendin time with the misses is takin up alot of my spare time at the moment so the rolla is coming off second best

post-11376-1278251666_thumb.jpg

ok update ive tracked down a mig welder

problem is the guy whos lending it to me owes me money so I'm not sure how keen he'll be to come around haha

none the less

decided the lovely brown interior trim will soon be black

taken drivers front quarter off and ground back the infamous rust spot behind front wheel to descover a HUGE amount of bog

pulled out the rear section of exhaust pipe so i can get the new rear muffler and dump pipe on soon...ish

and straightened out a couple dents

oh and tried to jump start my commodore with the corolla=epic fail. just didnt have the balls to kick it over

basicly just have to get out to UPI and pick up a ke30 bonnet (current one will be a donor for the cut'n shut)

Edited by lumina78ke55

there is a ke30 bonnet at elizabeth u pull it in reseonable condition

had a look at the bonnet friday... bit too much rust for my liking... :(

but picked up a pair of 15" steelies :D

and 1 centre cap... only 3 to go

hopefully ill get up before my ex drops off my girl in the mornin and do a little more on the car.

fingers crossed