7a-fe

10_ROLA

Hey guys,

I've read around the place that a 4A GZE head will go onto a 7A FE, does this mean that other heads from the 4A series will go on there too?

My plans at the moment are:

Forged Pistons and Rods (I've seen the rods in these and they are like a gay mans wrist - quite limp)

20V Head.

Ecu

Port n Polish

and other exhaust / induction type things.

Balance the crank and maybe a bit of a boring out.

and a lift in compression

Know any stronger boxes I could use (like sportivo 6 speed or camry V6 5 Speed)?

Now, all engine work like cams / heads / balancing can be done for free and all parts at cost price so I can get it done fairly cheap.

Basically my questions goes thusly - will the 20V head go on?

And if I wanted to turbo it down the track it'd be as easy as changing the exhaust and inuction and decompressing it?

Cheers dudes.

Damien

(Cars AE102R and is stock, got it off me mum for 2g)

Edited by 10_ROLA

Members dont see this ad

OOOOhhhhh you make it sound soooo easy. Your better off putting a 16v head on as it is far less hassle. Even that is no walk in the park. Are you planning on using std engine management??? You will need to change taht as your std computer is not going to run a 4a head and fuel system. You could do the dodgy and integrate your 7a injectors and distributor and stuff but as Tom'sGPturbo found out on his GPcorolla turbo conversion this is not a good option.

Do a search on toymods as there was some info on there ages ago. I also spoke to a guy who rallied a 7afe powered corolla on there too about how strong the bottom ends are. PLenty of $$$ there for shotpeening, de-burring, and balancing etc of the rods. The 7age will not revv as high as the 4age either.

As for turboing, I hope you have plenty of spare cash. Things you need to consider are fuel pump, injectors, intercooler, engine management manifold and turbo and a good tuner otherwise you will be spending a lot of money on an engine that will be an unreliable hand grenade.

This is going to sound really boring and make me sound like the old fart taht I am but enjoy the car for what it is, a cheap and economical daily driver and spend your money on a fun car that you can afford to have off the road for weeks at a time. Otherwise get used to public transport.

(Cars AE102R and is stock, got it off me mum for 2g)

holy crap, did you ever score!!! :y:

there's a 7age-build guide at aaron willis' webpage which i host

if you read on club4ag and other such sites, guys say the 7a bottom end sucks for both forced induction and big rpm, its' forte is torque, as the rods and crank are weaker than the equivalent 4agze and 100kw 4age items

I've read around the place that a 4A GZE head will go onto a 7A FE, does this mean that other heads from the 4A series will go on there too?

yes, cause 4agze heads are just normal 16v 4age heads.

My plans at the moment are:

Forged Pistons and Rods (I've seen the rods in these and they are like a gay mans wrist - quite limp)

20V Head.

Ecu

Port n Polish

and other exhaust / induction type things.

Balance the crank and maybe a bit of a boring out.

and a lift in compression

that will work. and cost.

Know any stronger boxes I could use (like sportivo 6 speed or camry V6 5 Speed)?

yes, 4agze box. "e" series. you will need the ze axles as well.

Basically my questions goes thusly - will the 20V head go on?

yes, use the 20v head gasket