T18 Guards On Ke70

SCrolla

Members dont see this ad
Has anyone fitted t18 guards to a ke70??

Wondering, as i have just bought a t18 to replace my broken front end on my ke70, thinkin that they are interchangeable.

And by looking at boths guards they appear to be slightly different.

HELP!! :(

Not without some awesome fabrication skills. :D

I'm ok with cutting and modding stuff its just how extensive is it?

its a t18 se semi hatch thing

looks like it just needs some trimming on the guard up where the windscreen/wiper panel joins the door kinda :(

yes i have the whole car.

Edited by SCrolla

well will start work on it 2moro, will post some pics and keep youz updated, incase any of you are thinkin of doin this.

I have already bought the car, so my super awesome fabrication skills must be required LOL.

I had to choose the hard way aaaaagggghhhhhh

Have cut the front guards accordingly and also discovered that the door shapes are different. BOO!!!

Had everything mocked up on the car to make sure it all fits and it doesnt look half bad, just the gap between the door and guard looks is a bit average.

Other than the cutting and grinding it all bolts up pretty much (lights, guards, grill etc). Cut out and treated all the rust, just gotta bog it sand it and spray it matte black.

Will definitely be changing them too propper ke/ae71 guards in the future so the door matches, shoulddo for now though.

pics up shortly!!!!

Can a t18 auto diff be put into a KE?? Coz its a single piece tail shaft?! :P

Have cut the front guards accordingly and also discovered that the door shapes are different. BOO!!!

Had everything mocked up on the car to make sure it all fits and it doesnt look half bad, just the gap between the door and guard looks is a bit average.

Other than the cutting and grinding it all bolts up pretty much (lights, guards, grill etc). Cut out and treated all the rust, just gotta bog it sand it and spray it matte black.

Will definitely be changing them too propper ke/ae71 guards in the future so the door matches, shoulddo for now though.

pics up shortly!!!!

Can a t18 auto diff be put into a KE?? Coz its a single piece tail shaft?! :laff:

I didn't catch this thread until today, otherwise i'd have commented on how different the guards are... I'm interested to see the end result.

Diff should fit with your two piece tailshaft... The one piece likely won't go into your manual box, though that's assuming it's a 22 spline AE71 box. Did you get that T18 one out of the quokka??? I might want to pillage some parts off ya. might be able to work something out for a quad light setup ;) I'll PM ya...