2t Help

SLW42

Hello ladies and gents i'm helping undertaker get his new ta22 to run and stay running, :D but were having a drama with the engine, it has a webber on it and once you get it running you can't accelerate at all it just dies like a huge flat spot, i have another webber at home, we changed the carbies around (mine is jetted for a t04 on the side of a t series engine :) ), but it still does it it idle's perfectly untill you feed it some go go juice, it's like the motor wont accept more air and fuel, i'm wondering does it have anything to do with the timing being out a tooth or so, or something in the mani stopping it from going. Any help would be great cheers Justin

Members dont see this ad

may also be the condensor. the little capacitor thing on the dizzy somewhere.

i remember my ke70/4k did a simliar thing, would start and idle fine and even free rev well, but as soon as you put the slightest of load it would splutter and die.

(this is assuming the 2t has a condensor, I'm not familiar with the 2t at all)

Edited by ke70dave

I've got the timing set it seems fine, it starts 1st go everytime now, but it's still doing the no power thing, if you just put abit of pressure onto the accel linkages it'll rev fine, but more than that and it will just go brrrrrr and start to fail at life

It's got a next set of points in the dizzy now i changed them and, the thing is it doesn't have a ballast resistor on the coil at all will that cause it to do this?

unsure if it will CAUSE it, but it certainly isnt good for the system

this is interesting:

http://www.calverst.com/articles/EL-Igniti...ted_systems.htm

get the system back to standard, and then go from there.

Try opening the points gap up a bit.

Is the coil you're using a resistor type coil(like a GT40R)? If so you need to wire in a ballast resistor, OR run a non-resistor type coil. Either way it should cause your problem, but like Dave said its deffinately not good for your coil.

Hi lads we got the car running fine now :) we deleted the webbers and put a stock carby onto the car, stock carby = no more failing, but i will put a ballast resistor onto it when i go round next to try to protect as much as possible :D , the timing is set as good as i can with no timing light, it's set so the vac advance is advanced one click on the dizzy and fires perfectly and revs very cleanly now with the stock carby. Thanks for your help guys and girls

His webber was as far as i'm aware a standard 32/36 so it should technically run it fine, my webber has been boost prepped with bigger jets for a turbo which would if anything flood the motor, but it's running now fine with the standard carby on it and he's gonna get his re built later down the track