Headlight Issues

greenmac80

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i fiddled around with a test light and checked the bulbs.

one was busted so i put new one in and still the same problem.

so i hook up the light to the battery earth. and poke around. the headlight connector have markings on them.

earth, pass, & drive.

when the headlights are switched to ON. i get a light on ALL 3 on the drivers side.

and on the passenger side Earth and Pass Light up.

then when high beams are flicked on i get Earth and Pass on both.?

why would the earth one light up?

does anyone have a test light and a ke30 nearby? can you please tell me what you get on yours?

If an earth terminal lights up in typically means that its lost earth, if you've got a mulimeter check the resistance between the earth terminal of both sides back to the battery terminal. Should come up as 0 Ohms,when the lights are switched on.......i think.

Edited by jono1986

not since i've owned it. Tally had it before me and he doesn't know what happened... nickyboy may know or may not.

ok so RB is labelled earth on the plug and that goes to the relay.

RY is labelled Drive on the plug and that goes to the dipper switch.

RG is labelled Pass on the plug and that also goes to the dipper switch.

yep, and from the diagram i think that half of that relay is for the parklight circuit which is earthed through the the light switch, then (I think) when you put low beam on the light switch connects the RW and GW together to turn on the low beam. Then stuff happens to switch between low and high! need to test the relay to see which pins are coils and what are contacts.

i'm on uni holidays at the moment so i'm free after 12 or when ever i wake up, i'll look at mine tomorrow cause i'm looking at making mine ignition fed so the battery doesn't die due to my incompetance, anywayz i'll post what i find and if you need any more help i'll come down.