Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

GJM85

Members dont see this ad
dude the ke20 is low hahaha, if i can get mine that low i would be happy =]

I am running a 5k with twin webbers and honestly, its a great engine, not a power house but it is still a great little engine =]

thanks for the input jaygore. its the sort of thing i need. you can get your ke that low if you turn your leaf springs upside down. looks wicked, though it won't be staying there.

Also got my personalised plates yesterday. WOO HOO! they say GJM85. Ordered new front fender indicators and front light trims from ebay, hopefully getting the dashpad through Raven.

Going to start getting the little things i know ill need, then once the body is done i'll buy parts as i need them. I might have a big budget but its a budget I want to stick to.

Edited by GJM85

Gav, I have knocked up a few little different combo's for u gav that we will speak about on the weekend. They range from turbo 3k to 5k with a sc12 through to a suzuki G13B from a swift.

As for the diff i would still recomend we change it to ke70 or depending what motor u decide to run i can shorten a hilux diff for you as the are already leaf sprung so no changing shit like with the 70 diff it will just be a case of moving mounts. I do believe the ke20 diff will last u all of about 15minutes

The suspension i belive should go to ke70/ae71 with the hope of being able to run a coilover from a 86 to give the car a better handling and ajustable ride, with the rear being a set of reset leafs which tim at city suspension should be able to help us with. A set of good sway bars will steady any body roll the car will have and perhaps a strut brace in the front.

For the brakes i would go with disc's all round perhaps a aftermarket set of slotted ke70 rotors on the front and just whatever we can fit on the back according to what diff is used and some high quality pads.

Panel and paint is all going to be your choice, as looks are in the eye of the beholder. The interior i believe should stay as standard as possible maybe with a aftermarket steering wheel and a cd player fitted nicely to the dash or hidden in the glove box.

This is what i can offer at the moment gav but we will go into more depth on sunday :( :ninja: :)

I didn't go to work today. My back is killing me from lifting doors and timber. Plus some indiviuals are being right c*#ts to me so they get f*#ked and tomorrows my birthday, not that i'll be able to touch the car till Sunday.... :D

Stripped the interior. Apart from the dash, drivers seat and steering column.

Removed:

-the OMG handle from the rear window, cabin vent, roof lining, parcel shelf(which was a piece of cardboard over the horribly corroded original.

-quarter windows, door windows, all seals, door trims, internal door handles and locks

-rear bumber, tail lights, tail light finishers, boot, lining, spare and boot wall.

-front bumper, grill & finisher, headlights and finishers and fender indicators.

-wipers, mirrors and trims

-plus shitloads more.

:fuzz: :)

Still need to do windscreens, front and rear. front indicators under the pumper,engine, gearbox, wiring lume, and everything under the hood.

Tagged and bagged everything. when i'm done it'll be a rolling shell.

Found some ugly things today though. :argh: Most of the lower sill up to the rear wheel arch has been cut and shut. Both sides. Same with behind the rear wheel arch to the boot. Shudder to think what they've done with the weather channels. Also the rear valence panel is rusted to the date hole and it appears its been arse ended because the join between rear quarter and valence is cracked.

Few positives though. The whole thing is original down to the rear speakers and wiring. Still in pretty good nick. I bet they still work. >SALE< pa ching!

Forgot my digital camera so i'll get some photos on the weekend. Thanks, Kez for all your help and get a job you slacker. :poke:

PS. How do I tell if the 3k has a big port head? :dance:

Edited by GJM85

who cares about the 3k big port shit man how bad is the cut and shut been done? will it have to be replaced i will ty to get down on sunday man and have a geez i am gonna get my welder home soon so if u wanna save some coin i will plate it up for you man

People chase those 3kb heads. mon-aye!!! The cut and shit isn't too bad. Possibly saved me some time and money. Also got some new door beazels and window winders off ebay.

Edited by GJM85

hopefully get down to the shed today to get some more done. today's goal is to return the rear springs to where they are supposed to be, get the front and rear windscreens out and hopefully get the 3k and 4speed out................if the wife ever gets out of bed.