Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

Featured Replies

  • Replies 604
  • Views 509k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • HIGH ROLLER
    HIGH ROLLER

    Mr GJM, I gotta admit, when I first saw this thread a while back, I thought "oh yeah, ke20, k-motor...ghey"....being from the everything-must-be-turbo camp myself. I just read through this whole thr

  • no paint on the wheels man, just polish polish polish..... then stop for beer..... then polish polish

  • how much your clutch end up settin ya back, and i loooove the progress and colour on it and your attention to detail is brilliant   watchin high quality builds motivates me to get my celica done too

Posted Images

  • Author

they've got $450 on it and I offered them $250. It's at southport autorecyclers. They have 48 hrs from yesterday to respond or I have to try again. They'll wait and see if I come up anymore...

they've got $450 on it and I offered them $250. It's at southport autorecyclers. They have 48 hrs from yesterday to respond or I have to try again. They'll wait and see if I come up anymore...

hey gav any luck in getting that motor for what you offered them

so u know chris i think gav is trying to get the 55 down next monday so it will be there next weekend for the raping but he will tell u more on sunday

  • Author
hey gav any luck in getting that motor for what you offered them

 

 

no luck. they decline my offer. so i'm making another offer. if they don't take it i'll be inclined to give them the $450 they want for it. I'm sure it will have the solid lifters and electic dizzy already so it's probably worth it.

Loving the progress of this ke20

 

Have you decided whether you will be doing a supercharger or a turbo on the 5k? or not sure still?

Sweet I'm thinking of going down that road as well, so i will be watching this closely to see what needs to be done. Webbers are great just wouldnt mind something with a bit of boost :fuzz:

 

I miss my twin turbo haha.......

Edited by jaygore

yeah webbers do alright but the boost is fun. i think gav was talkin about 1 3/4 inch su with the blower but I'm not sure if he is still going down that road and i think the weber would be better if he boost prepped it and run the blow through setup

Yea they other thing i was thinking was maybe a turbo setup with the webbers, but i know next to nothing about engines and have no idea if this would work :fuzz:

yeah you run twin webers don't you? that would be a good set up turboed if u got it working right, you can do draw through as i have seen it with some twin 45mm webbers on a lj torana with a 202 but blow through there woul need to be some money spent on the carbies etc i would just run a single down draft webber if i was going to do it to a k series enigne

  • Author

Awesomeness. Just got the liteace 5k for 375. I'm going to try and pick it up this weekend.........WOOT WOOT!!! Spoke to Brendan at MKR Kustoms. He'll call me on Monday when the car gets there so we can discuss the work and coin involved. Organising to get the donar 55 down early next week.

 

Loving the progress of this ke20

 

It's on fire ain't it. I picked the car up on the 1st of August and if all goes well it could be on the road by the end of September.... finger crossed. As for the induction still hunting the blower and I will decide on the fuel deliver once I've done more research. Considering the SU draw through set up because it straight forward, they deliver at high velocity and no pressure sealing involved. Not entirely sure on the legality of the set up but the car will probably run on club rego and i'll get registered before I boost it anyway.

I have considered the downdraft webber but not entirely sure on the long term reliabity and tuning involved. Can't remember who it was, but they set up their webber in at a sealed plenum type box and boosted it, turbo style. No pressure sealing required as the carby operates as normal due to equal interior and exterior pressure.

 

Still have a lot more work to do before I get to that stage, so i'll worry about it when the time comes.

  • Author

Woot Woot!

Just won an sc12 off ebay. Boost, I say! Hopefully get the 5k picked up this week and i'll start the rebuild while the 20 is the shop. The problems, i'm sure, will become evident whilst I try and put this all back together.

post-8643-1281877784.jpg

post-8643-1281877801.jpg

Edited by GJM85

  • Author

The 20 went into MSR Kustoms this morning. They looked over it. They think it shouldn't be too much trouble. They're going to cut and fix all the rust and straighten the body and get back to me too see where we're at. Not sure if my budget of $5000 is going to see me through panel and paint though now as they reckon it'll be at least 2k in rust work. It will come down to how many hours they put into it. :|

On the way home I stopped in at SuperCheap and picked up an engine stand. I forgot to put the front quarters in the car when it got towed so i'll have to run them up tomorrow morning. :bash:

 

In the mean time I hired a ute from BlowJobs Car and Ute hire and it cost me too much for the measely 6hrs I had it. Still, I got down to Southport Auto Recyclers and picked up the 5k. Looks pretty clean and sweet. The clutch is shagged and it's worn a lot on the flywheel. She still turns over easily with the breakerbar. Brother Keiron and I tried to get the thing on the engine stand but realised some of the gearbox bolts from the 3k have been nicked. :(

Turns out they were too short any way, so I had to go to the bolt shop and grab some longer ones. $30 for 4 bolts!!! :P Apparently metric fine threads aren't cheap. :D

Anyhow, ran out of time as I had to take the ute back and it's unlikely i'll be able to get into the 5k tomorrow as there's no one available to assist me. Will hopefully get into it on Wednesday!

Here's some picks of the new donk

post-8643-1281940599_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1281940614_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1281940662_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

looks good gav be carefull of my kesev when workin in the shed :P any how don't stress bout panel and paint if they get all the panel work done and have it prepped for you 5g i know some really goodpainters that will spray it, but you know sometimes how really good painters are :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.