Jp's Ke70 Project 20v 4age

CA-ROLLA

Hey all well after being a member of this site for a number of years (4 i think) I have now come across another corolla KE70 to be exact. the deal was one of my brothers bought it to rally cross but decided it was to good to bash around a paddock so i bought it for $400. It is currently bog stock with a little over 200 000k (i think) and running the 4K and 5 speed With a overrated interior only 1 crack in the dash and needs new back seat and a good vacuum and detail. The body needs minor attention after the previos owners before myself and my brother tried to fix rust by cutting it out and filling with newspaper, cardboard and bog :) otherwise the body is straight and only one minor ding. The motor and box will be up for sale next weekend as the car will be copping a 20v. So the plan is to strip the original running gear, Upgrade to a AE71 crossmember, 86 front coil overs, xt130 lower control arms, some slotted front rotors and good pads, 4AGE 20V, jdm T50, just lock the standard diff with some weld :) , and some nice wheels either meshies or superlights. any way the 20v will be running some form of aftermarket ecu (razorback? maybe a mate has one in his 20v 70 and it is pretty good) and a custom exhuast. any how enough of my crapping on here are some pictures and comments and feedback welcome as with and idea's or parts u have that may help me with my build cheers JP. ;) :blinks:

post-1262-1281254637_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281254693_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281254752_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281254801_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281254868_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281255064_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281255123_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have started to gather some shit for the car, so this weekend i will be pulling the motor and box out, i will be purchasing the ae71 crossmember and gearbox and a few other goodies of des this saturday and i will pick up my new rear springs and on friday which are falcon ssl's . i still need to sort out my front suspension as all the good brands have discontinued the line of ke70 parts so i am limited to kyb or munroe. kyb is good but not what i was looking for:( and the 86 coil overs are a f@$kin rip off so i am thinking s13 lower control arms brakes and coilovers bolted onto the ae crossmember but if anyone has some ides throw em out on the table please i will put pics up as it happens

cheers jp

yeah well remember there is another 4k in the shed

I'm gonna need a inlet manifold, waterpump, thermo housing... all sorts of exterior shit that ain't on that motor. I'll swing your some "float".....

Edited by GJM85

so the progress is i will be picking up a s13 front end setup with JIC coilerover and sr20de brakes etc from stixy on saturday morning and justin (SLW45) and chris (Undertaker) will be grabbing the cross mmember out of the ae71 from des on sunday morning and through out saturday i will be a willowbank for the nostalgia's so sunday will be the day that the 4k and 5 speed will come out of my 70 and the ae crossmember will go in the i will fit the s 13 to that hopefully with minimal modification :fuzz: will put somepics up when its happening