Initial D

TOMsGPTurbo

tomsdvd.jpg

I have just finished watching Initial D - The **real** movie.

I must say at 1st its a little 'wtf' that didn't happen in the comic or thats completely wrong... so when watching just remember its loosely based on the cartoon, however they do a decent job of craming the whole 1st series into the movie.

I enjoyed it, however if you're a true follower of the cartoon, you may not like it.

That said, there is some fantastic drifting through the mountains, the acting is decent, and footage is great.

I don't wanna give to much away, so I'm not saying any details.

If you can get your hands on a copy then enjoy.

I rate Initial D the movie :P :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :dance:

Members dont see this ad

yeh, i was pretty dissapointed when i first saw it, but it must have been hard to fit 4 series (if i'm correct 45eps) of anime into a 2 hour movie.

Like, how "" wasn't the same, and how "" didn't happen and also how "" wasn't how it happened in the anime. (been edited for spoilers sake)

But other than that, drifting was heaps cool, acting was pretty sensible (but the dude that played takumi was more relaxed than he really was in the anime (opps, i've said too much again) But yeh, its worth a watch.

sorry to do this but i have to brag.

got to see the movie (subbed) on the big screen in sa at ttp.

it was very hey what going on here at first, even if you have seen the series. but it does all come together nicley. even if they left out a few key characters.

and while a lot of people have said they portrayed bunta wrong i think they portrayed him rather well and gave a bit more inight into the effect takumis skill inspired bunta and so on.

Well, honestly, I think its fantastic. It is my fave 'car' movie of all time..

and yeh your spot on Sirolla in order to make sense of the movie, they HAD to make some changes from the cartoon.

Otherwise it would be more WTF?????

I have the actually proper DVD with english subtitles, and its great.

So yeh, if your a major fan of Initial D then you'll love it, if your a fan of the cartoon then you'll won't like it.... however that said.. just think of what Sirolla said, imagine trying to cram the whole lot in 2hrs... ???