Got A Spare 400,000 Yen?

rob1

How about the seca sx that was in fast fours and NZPC......

Blue paint, Gold mags, 4agze - turbo - BIG intercooler

He has spent 45k + on that thing........ GEEZ

The only car you can get more than your penny's worth, is rare or a hot rod, that has been built up.......

No Ricers OR Street Machines will ever get back what they put in....

thats PLEEZR...you think thats bad...jeez

ancullen: yeah i bought mine for $2000 with 12 months rego, i reckon i could sell for about $3500...no work was done on it at all.

20v conversion...could sell for about $5000 i reckon.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but if you spent $10K on swords, chances are if you ever needed/wanted to you'd be able to sell them for at least the same amount (and possibly more!)

Try doing that with a car :D

So you are suggesting I couldn't get $2000 for my car??

I could pull the stereo out and sell my car for $2000 today if I wanted, but that wasn't the point of my post.

Well, I've put about $5000 into my ke55 all up including purchase price and the fact is it's still worth $1500! All I've got is a 4 door ke55 with a 2tg and a set of wheels. If it was a genuine te37 and I spent $1000 on it then at least I wouldn't have lost so so much if I sold it.

ke55 700

2tg 550

carb body 50

t50 100

clutch setup 250

exhaust 240

wheels 360

tyres 860

tacho 160

temp guage 85

seat 100

harness 150

flares 330 landed

momo 100

boss kit 80

fuel pump 80

clutch master cyl. 80

new (wrecker) brake parts 70

new pads 80

konis 440

springs 140

Miscellanious 800

Well, theres $5725....................And I'm sure there's alot I've forgotten. I've also got over 2 grands worth of stereo,

If I could get a te37 landed for 8to 9 grand, I would drive the ring out of it every day, and then sell it after a couple of years for more than I could get for my car!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my little car, I have built it, and it's my creation. But at the end of the day, what is someone going to give me for it????????????????????????

Offers!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!????????????

lol

keep it, its your baby

i have come to grips with the fact that if you put money into a car you don't get it back. its about pride and at the end of the day i think its worth the money unless you get stupid with spending. once I'm finished with my car it will be a work of art.

if you buy someone else's creation i think its just sad. if you spend more in the first place, sure, by a better canvas for your masterpeice, but at the end of the day you have made a car to suit you and what you want out of a car. you CANNOT buy that. you can only build it.

if you buy someone else's creation i think its just sad. if you spend more in the first place, sure, by a better canvas for your masterpeice, but at the end of the day you have made a car to suit you and what you want out of a car. you CANNOT buy that. you can only build it.

I agree entirely, and plan to build my own car one day. But for now I'm happy with Lola. Okay, so I wouldn't have used a 4-door KE55 if I'd built her, nor would I have gone with a 4A-GZE, but she was cheap, and should fly (when she runs), so she'll do me for now (till I get a KE10/KE25 and 4A-GE it!).

motorsport is the easiest way to burn money...

like when I used to race mx. bought yz85 5500, sold two yrs later for 3800, after three months advertising. The thing was overrated, didn't even get to the stage of changing a piston (have to after 16 hrs hard riding), like new.

shit happens :cool: