Cable Linkage Setup For Sidedrafts

mighty_4k

Hey guys will be putting twin Dhla sidies on my 4k soon :) Just one thing I still have to figure out and that is setting up linkages for them. I know you can buy linkage kits but I'm not too interested in them to be honest especially with how expensive they are! I'm interested in making a cable linkage setup. Ive been told you can use a few parts out of a factory carb and a few other bits and pieces and you can make up your own linkages. Problem is other than that I don't have any info on making my own linkages. Has anyone on here made their own linkages? If so what parts did you use and how did you go about setting it up? Pics would be a great help, thanks guys.

Edited by mighty_4k

Members dont see this ad

Spend some money and get the Redline kit, it's nowhere near as expensive as the dellorto kit. Take a look at my setup on my KE16.

It also allows you to tweak the adjustment and the ratio's, which you will find invaluable.

If you don't have the linkages in between the two carbs though, you'll probably need Dellorto gear because this is where the balance screw is.

If its anything like the SUs, what you need are two brackets (mounting arms) to hold a pivoting axle with a quadrant welded onto it. I made the arms from a bit of shelving and bought a bolt for the axle. The quadrant was on an old carb.

Buy/make a pair of drilled arms that clamp to the axle and the throttle butterfly shaft, and buy a Redline adjustable arm to go between them.

Difficult to photograph with everything in the way now, but take a look through people's build topics and there will be other ideas.

Use three springs, one to return the cable and one each on the carbs if they don't already have them.

post-7544-1283398523_thumb.jpg

post-7544-1283398535_thumb.jpg

post-7544-1283398546_thumb.jpg

The only place I can find redline kits here in New Zealand charge bout $250AU which is bloody expensive is you ask me hence the reason I'm looking for an alternative. What retailers in aussie sell redline kits and how much are they? Sounds like you guys are getting a much better deal on them than me! I'm willing to import some from across the ditch if their decently priced enough. Anyone have experience with Lynx linkage kits? Theres someone here the sells them for a lot cheaper than redline kits but Ive been told that they aren't great quality and apparently don't even have everything you need so you still have to buy/make up extra stuff to make them work.

• 4 weeks later...