Shaved Door Handles

SLW42

hay guys I just want some feed back about shaving door handles!!!!

I'm looking at deleting the rear door handles on my 70, due to the car being only a two seater. And I was looking at making the rear doors only open from the inside :hmm: , what do you guys think will it look gay or will it end up looking alright???

And before you think oh god he's just gonna bog it up............. No i am gonna get a mate to weld another bit of a door over the exsisting hole and make it all flush......... HOPEFULLY hahaha

so what do you guys reckon??? YAY OR NAY post-7244-1283408444.gif

Members dont see this ad

Yeah you see cars with them all shaved so I dunno. I'd check the legalities first.

I'd say there would be plenty of mod plates involved.

EDIT: Just googled around and you need a manual popper on the outside of the door. Dunno about mod plates though.

Edited by blzbub666

I'm doing the exact same thing but eventually going to weld the rear doors. Played about with the look in photoshop a bit over the past few months and I still think it looks alright.

Check out Lloyd Smith's 1UZ KE70 as he's done basically this. I wouldn't trust anyone on here regarding legality as more often than not it's wrong. Just call up your state transport center, cost of a local call, takes less than two minutes and you can ask any questions you want.

So it seems like shaved door handles and door poppers are the way to go then :hmm: , I don't think it will matters weather the rear doors are auto or manual considering the car will be 2 seater so aslong as the car door don't open from the outside it should be fine! I think

Edited by SLW42

My mates and I had a go of doing this with a mid 80s ford passenger door we found at the tip!

Just drill a small hole just under the window near the rubber (our door had chrome trim, we just drilled a hole in it)

We had 7mm thick mild steel bar, bent it onto an L shape and had it connected to the mechanism inside, and the other end sticking out the top!

With a vavle cap for extra cools and +5hp