Ca18 Ke35 Coupe

ca18rolla

Hey guys thought i would introduce my baby as i m new to the forum

my project is almost near completion.

It is a '75 coupe Complete respray in aqua green early holden colour. Ca18/5 speed conversion. Chipped standard ecu Bosch efi fuel pump. pulsar seats speeco gauges new carpet hoodlining door trims custom panels (old cig lighter etc & shifter surround) celica wheels. Toying with waht to do it has a completly rebuilt ca18de but its built to handle 10psi. Interested to see what it ll be like n/a but also have t25g and manifold ready for it and a mircotech ltx-8 for when she gets boosted. only thing is if i go n/a straight away i need to get new zorst when i boost her.

What do you all reckon go n/a so when i flog some sixes they can't say "but its turbo"

how do i put up some pics???

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting pics mate.

Have to get some more pics on sat when i get camera back. Colour grew on me too. Was a bit suss on it but love it now.

tried a search but no answer

what chrome rear bar would bolt straight up guys?

managed to get a chrome bumber for the front.(new $66)

cheers

• 3 months later...

hey everyone been away workin but had some time over the chrissie break to do some more work on my rolla rocket. Have it to the stage now where it just needs intercooler piping done and the custom 3" mandrel exhaust made and a custom radiator hose. Have it booked in at the start of feb' to have this done by steve down at milanco pro dyno should be looking at around 200rwhp.

also looking at r31 diff and coilovers down the track

hopefully should make it to the cruise on the 8th in another ca18det rolla (ke70) we have built still running it in making 162rwhp but previously made 212 with stock motor.

post-795-1136213607_thumb.jpg

all happen by chance ke70 was just at a mate 4k blew up and we had the ca there so put her in and its gone from there. and my green baby was advertised and the bloke had a rebuilt ca sitting there so a deal was done for both! just happened would like to sr20 one though!!! :D

all happen by chance ke70 was just at a mate 4k blew up and we had the ca there so put her in and its gone from there. and my green baby was advertised and the bloke had a rebuilt ca sitting there so a deal was done for both! just happened would like to sr20 one though!!! :D

hell yes with the SR engine

had seen this car a few years ago chop a 200sx that had around $70,000 in total spent on it was a hot4's feture car on the highway. But aparently has now had the chasias strenghted and a high mount supra turbo installed and many othermods done and know it had done 12.5 for sure before being re done. was first built when sleepers and jap engine conversion were only just starting to become more frequent so has had plenty of devolpment done over the years! fingers crossed i can get it!!

Hey,

i love the colour on your car. it looks great!!! Just wondering if the NA CA18 is a hard conversion or is it just a matter of making engine/gearbox mounts and a custom tailshaft and then just wiring the lot up or do you have to modify gearbox tunnels or stuff like that.

Thanks for the help,

Calvin :rocknroll:

• 2 months later...

hey guys i finally got my car down to milanco pro-dyno in bris to get my 3"mandrel bent exhaust and custom dump pipe, fmic and polished tubing and have my mirotech tuned and a few other little things i couldn t do myself. However i have now deciced to completely rebuild my motor, its getting CP forged pistons shot peened and nitrided rods arp head and rod bolts muti-layer head gaskets acl gaskets etc and a stainless steel mainifold with a gt25/40 hanging of it. Justin is hoping to pull 300rwhp out of this combo once run in and hoping for a high to mid eleven sec pass once traction and suspension is sorted after it be driven.

Currently in the process of looking into possibly a hilux diff with a air locker and some kind of custom coil overs on the front with nissan four spotters to pull her up. Though this will all depend on pricing.

i can't wait to drive this little baby.

try to put some pics up if it works

Edited by ca18rolla