5K Flat Top Pistons ?

Des

Members dont see this ad

I was under the impression this was not possible? The 5K sump is slightly wider, it doesn't fit... I haven't actually tried this myself so I could be wrong.

Certainly is possible, I've got a 4k sump on my 5k. 4k and 5k ones are identicle (unless its the above pictured 5k one), 3k sumps are a bit different and can't be used on a 4/5k. They're slightly deeper and use 2x less bolts per side to bolt on. :wink:

the 4k sump I had fit straight on, no problems. the lower section is shorter. so as to clear the main cross member.

my pistons are ACL standard replacements. not bad quality at all.

Des I got my 5k full rebuild kit for $480 through beenleigh bearings and a double row timing kit for $135. worth every cent.

Taz_Rx - I'm having my pushrods shortened to save on cash. Thankfully my dad's got the skills.

Edited by GJM85

the 4k sump I had fit straight on, no problems. the lower section is shorter. so as to clear the main cross member.

Des I got my 5k full rebuild kit for $480 through beenleigh bearings and a double row timing kit for $135. worth every cent.

Taz_Rx - I'm having my pushrods shortened to save on cash. Thankfully my dad's got the skills.

A place near me is quoting me up some bits tomorrow so i'll see how they go but i reckon $480 is hard to beat. Whats in the ACL kit and what brand is the timing chain kit ?

A place near me is quoting me up some bits tomorrow so i'll see how they go but i reckon $480 is hard to beat. Whats in the ACL kit and what brand is the timing chain kit ?

the ACL rebuild kit came with all bearings and thrust washers, gaskets, pistons and rings. no timing gear other than gaskets. I had the reco shop 3 way seat and grind my valves.

make sure you check the diameter of your crank mains. the crankshaft had slipped a bigend bearing previously and had obviously been machined. standard bearings were too small. luckily i had a spare crankshaft....

Can't remember the brand of the timing kit but it was along the lines of SUPER RACE!!! :cool:

Edited by GJM85

the ACL rebuild kit came with all bearings and thrust washers, gaskets, pistons and rings. no timing gear other than gaskets. I had the reco shop 3 way seat and grind my valves.

make sure you check the diameter of your crank mains. the crankshaft had slipped a bigend bearing previously and had obviously been machined. standard bearings were too small. luckily i had a spare crankshaft....

Can't remember the brand of the timing kit but it was along the lines of SUPER RACE!!! :cool:

Yeah i will send the head away after i have ported the exhaust ports.

I was wrong, I was quoted $400 for the kit.

U can buy brand new pushrods threw crow cams just ring them up and say how long they are and the ends and theyll hook u up :) think its around $60 for a set