New Member With Ke30 2-Door

Tudor30

Members dont see this ad

For an LSD id say they'd be on the same shelf as rocking horse shit.

I don't even think there's a bolt in LSD for the Jap diffs (due to the size) but who knows.

The axles on the borgie's are stronger than the Jap equivelant, but the Jap centers are strong than the Borgie's apparently.

Looks like its got a set of pretty agricultural slapper bars on there too!

are those bars to stop things from hitting the leaf springs?

Think more along the lines of traction bars....

Stops the axle from winding up and acting like a spring when the wheel loses traction and causing the wheel to "hop" or "bounce".

Also called anti-tramp bars, slappers etc etc.

Pretty common in old-school drag racing.

Now a days if the local blues see it you'll be pinged for a "hoon"

for the LSD thing look up 'Phantom grip'

I looked up phantom grip. It all seems good in theory, but some things about the website kinda made it feel suss. I get how its supposed to work, but has anyone seen one of these in action. I did a bit of research and you're looking at about 1200 bolt in for a cut down 31 or hilux diff (someone correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just going off what i've seen) running a stock LSD, now even if this thing is 499USD so bout 520AUD plus i image about 80 to 100 in postage, its still a cheaper alternative.

Interested.... :hmm:

*EDIT: 5 minutes on google. Rubbish.

Edited by RainWarriorDregs

I've got a KE-30 2 door too, welcome to the club!

Your brakes and diff look exactly like mine, so I'd say standard drums and Borg Warner diff. The standard diff on these is big, looks a little out of proportion!

Enjoy your 2 door, they are rare and need to be preserved. Had mine for over 5 years now and would'nt trade it for anything. :rolls:

I've got a KE-30 2 door too, welcome to the club!

Your brakes and diff look exactly like mine, so I'd say standard drums and Borg Warner diff. The standard diff on these is big, looks a little out of proportion!

Enjoy your 2 door, they are rare and need to be preserved. Had mine for over 5 years now and would'nt trade it for anything. :rolls:

hey there ive just got a ke35 and was wondering it that diff housing will fit on my car i think my diff housing doeasnt have the plate that you can undo and ive heard the diffs with the plate that comes off are stronger or well easier to lock cheers Rylan