September 27, 201016 yr comment_471867 The high beams on my ke30 cut out the other night, low beams were fine. I checked the switch, and found that where the switch loom connects to the main loom, under the steering column, the high beam wire (red, Yellow trace) had got so hot, it had partly melted the plastic! So I changed the switch, but the wire still gets bloody hot, even with the low beams on! I can't seam to find and wire breaks, or shorts.. Its had a halogen conversion done, was 55/100 watt, but I thought the 100 watt might be drawing too much current, so I changed back to 55/60 watt, but no change... Any ideas whats causing this? Report
September 27, 201016 yr comment_471873 if its getting hot it means it has high resistance or excessive current draw. i rekcon you need a relay near the headlights to cope with the loads of the new lights. instead of 20-30 amps going through the light switch correct me if I'm wrong? Report
September 27, 201016 yr comment_471906 Yes, make the relays do the work instead of burning out the switch- Adapt this to the KE30 http://www.ke70.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1856&hl= Report
September 27, 201016 yr comment_471967 Well if it's got hot and stopped working, it's already done the damage, you need to go around the circuit with a mulitmeter to find out where the open circuit is (that's what it would be now). And like people have said, put a relay down the fron of the car if you want to run higher wattage lights.....i'd even chop of the old lights plug and put new ones on cause the old plugs shouldn't be used with the new current flow. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now