Cam Timing On A Toyota 5K

ke20 king

Members dont see this ad

i did it wrong and tried to start the engine didnt start altho i bent all my push rodS!!! would that be the problem or the guy who did my head n blok didnt do it all right to match my cam any suggestions before i aduse my engine builder!

thanks

I sound like a dumb ass i know but I'm a coffe maker ;p

definitely your fault. You might have got away with only bent pushrods but you should even pull the head off and check you haven't bent any valves.

You should never start a motor after a pulldown without turning it over by hand first. Even then, I've had mates turning over by hand (ie with a socket on the crank nut) and there was enough mechanical advantage to bend valves then.

hahahaha, do you reckon this one deserves to go in the important and classic threads section Tom!? :lolcry:

Luckily K valves are only like $8 and $11 each. I've got a 405 Mi16 motor in the shed with bent valves at the mo and they're at least $24 each. :glare:

ok now i need to get adjustable rocket gear from a 4k or 3right ok so what push rods should i use

If you're currently running hydraulic then just leave it...... but make sure you just time it correctly.

Don't see why you'd need adjustable gear.

lol rocket gear...... Are you going into space? haha! I think you meant rocker gear.

Yeah Definately your fault on this one I am afraid, unless they specifically mentioned to you

that you should just be able to start the motor. You should have just tried turning it by hand.

Most of the time you don't even need to use a spanner or anything, just turn the fan by hand

(If you have that type of setup)and that way you can't over torque and bend anything.

Remember, never jump the gun and just turn things on. Always pays just to check everything out first.