Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flipped Wheels

Featured Replies

Hi guys, i have a pair of ssr mesh wheels ( 14x6.5 i think) which i have flipped. I just want to know if there is any issues with running flipped wheels, I hae heard it can screw your wheel bearings etc.. Any advice or help appreciated thanks!

find out the offset of the wheels both flipped and unflipped, it all depends on the offset and also the design of the centre.

 

and ill draw it up in solid works, and then we will see the dramas.

 

you can measure wheel offset with a ruler.

 

are you the same guy who asked this question on ae86dc?

Say goodbye to your wheel bearings.

I'm gonna go with above^^

 

The size of wheels you have, I'd be very much guessing that they are probably somewhere +10 to +20, which if reversed will make you have some stupid amount of negative offset.

 

I don't know the correct mechanical way to word it, but think 'levers'. If you move the wheel further away from the hub (- offset), the forces from the weight of the car will be magnified thus causing stupid amounts of stress/wear on your bearings. Having the wheel sit closer (0 - + offset) will mean the forces are going to be more centred on the hub, thus no excessive wear on the bearings. Mightn't be 100% wording it, but in my head I can picture what I am trying to say :P

 

Dave, the amount of times I have seen this question come up on forums, I really think you should put your mad engineering skills to use and definitely model something in Solidworks! Would sum everything up nice and fast, and be easily understandable :P

...snaps stub axles off too! Too much leverage.

 

Wheel, brakes, everything vanishes into the distance leaving you with a 3-wheeler!

 

Some 1980s model of Honda Civic was quite prone to that- This is why there are laws as to how much you can widen wheels outside stock.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.