My Ke55

Mad55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP - With the BTM you just run normal NA timing (unlocked) then the BTM just pulls out timing for said boost.

Your right Taz, my mistake! Getting my wires crossed again!

Mad, If your looking into prices locally be prepared for a shock! I would give summit or jegs in the states a try, summit are very good to deal with from overseas locations as well.

And if you go the 6al-2 don't forget it has to be the programable version, otherwise its just like the normal 6al but digital over analogue.

Like this one http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-6530/

Or the btm http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-6462/

Edit: Sorry if I'm getting carried away over the over the top pricing over here! Just has a look at what the 6530 6al-2 programables worth in aus... $720! Yeah right!

JP

Edited by TheNOBBLER

I had my MSD 6A installed and running in under 2hrs.

Installation is easy. PM me if you need help.

But being the programmable version, i'd say more time would go into getting it running/programming.

Installation would probably still be the same as a 6AL, it would just be a matter of hooking it up to a laptop etc to program it.

Went to get it tuned today but found out the intake/ exhaust gasket has shit itself so ill be changing that this weekend and have to wait another week to get it tuned :( but dizzy is locked so ill fix the gasket and see how it goes.

is there a performance gasket available for these motors?

at least its getting there... slowly. haha

Permaseal EM30. 1 piece intake/exhaust gasket :wink:

Took the word right out of my mouth. Also doesn't hurt to give them a spray of VHT "Copper Gasket" too. :wink:

Oh and if you just got regular sized intake ports then a 7KC (not 7KE) manifold gasket is steel and re-usable.

Edited by Taz_Rx

took it for a spin after gasket was changed was going much better and staying on boost and i pulled up the drive and was just idling and then white smoke started pouring out the exhaust, so it looks like head gasket but ill have a look when its cooled down :(

its always one thing after another.

losing my patience with this car very quickly.