Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4Age Into 4Afe...

Featured Replies

After doing a quick search nothing that helps me specifically was found..

 

I have decided like many others to do a 4age conversion...

 

I have been told that if i stay with the 4age, it will bolt straight in.. I have ae92 which 4age models does this include?

 

I think I will try and find an sx seca as a donor as gearbox and random extras like the dash will be included.. what do you think?

 

Thanks for your time

Tom

Sx seca (smallport 16v) will be the best option.

ive been looking for a cheap wrecked sx seca for two years now

 

they are getting alot harder to find because of the smallport

Sx seca (smallport 16v) will be the best option.

that's the easiest option, I'm in the middle of one now, I just bought a AE93 SX that's been stoved

I've decided against swapping the whole looms over, I just spliced the SX cluster loom into the car and fitted the whole SX dash.

starting the suspension and brakes this week(you'll gain larger front brakes, rear disc brakes and a front sway bar), will do the motor/box later.....going the give the motor a bit of luvin before it goes in.

that's the easiest option, I'm in the middle of one now, I just bought a AE93 SX that's been stoved

I've decided against swapping the whole looms over, I just spliced the SX cluster loom into the car and fitted the whole SX dash.

starting the suspension and brakes this week(you'll gain larger front brakes, rear disc brakes and a front sway bar), will do the motor/box later.....going the give the motor a bit of luvin before it goes in.

 

Exactly, bigport swap is a grey area as the AE92 import had a bigport but emissions would most likely be looked at.

 

20v is another option but then you have to worry about the looms, smallport is by far the best option as it is the same car.

  • Author

Ive found an sx seca with a silver top 20v? would this be an option? because of it already being fitted and all i could use what is currently being run?

 

Cheers Tom

As long as you follow what has been done with the conversion then yes.

  • Author

can anyone recommend anyone to do the electrical side of things in adelaide on rollaclub?

i replaced a 4AFC with a 100kw 4AGE. not a hard thing to do from the wiring side of things.

i think there may still be a writeup on toymods about it

i'll help if i can :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Looking at a 1991 sx 4age hatch... the engine mounts would be the same right?

 

would it be a better option to keep the gearbox or replace with the sx?

 

Cheers Tom

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.