5K Or 7K Engine For My Ke70?

mhmills

Members dont see this ad

Teddy and I done a 7k and W into his Ke70.

Had to mod the sump, but i think it was only a small mod to the area behind the main bowl.

The engine mounting bracket also had to be cut,i think it was the left one for the engine to sit nicely on the x member.

Had to make up a gearbox x member for the W box and take a little out where the gear stick come through, but there wasn't any tunnel mod's done.

Oh and you'll need a AE71 pedal box for the hydro clutch that the W series has.

It's a very had reving 7k, has dellorto's, cam, head work and extractor's, rev's happily to 8000.

But the torque is huge.

We also replaced the rear end at the time with a T series too.

Hope this helps, Teddy maybe able to shed some more light it.

Teddy and I done a 7k and W into his Ke70.

Had to mod the sump, but i think it was only a small mod to the area behind the main bowl.

The engine mounting bracket also had to be cut,i think it was the left one for the engine to sit nicely on the x member.

Had to make up a gearbox x member for the W box and take a little out where the gear stick come through, but there wasn't any tunnel mod's done.

Oh and you'll need a AE71 pedal box for the hydro clutch that the W series has.

It's a very had reving 7k, has dellorto's, cam, head work and extractor's, rev's happily to 8000.

But the torque is huge.

We also replaced the rear end at the time with a T series too.

Hope this helps, Teddy maybe able to shed some more light it.

LEGEND! Clear and concise :y:

Also some 5K sumps are too low for 4K engine mounts, which is what happened with my 5K conversion.

I added a couple of washers between the body and the engine mount and that was enough that it stopped rubbing on the crossmember though.

Compared to my 4K with a cam it's got more power but the webber isn't running properly and I need to do something about it. $300 engine + $200 of refresher parts = not worth it.