Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regency Vehicle I.D. Check

Featured Replies

Okay so to cut a long story short because of some f@$king around that happened with plates, my ke70 has to go to Regency for a vehicle identification check before I can get rego.

Does anyone know what these vehicle I.D. checks involve?

cheers, jake

They check to see if your car is roadworthy I'm assuming.

So... everything.

Hi Jake,

The ID check is essentially just to make sure all the numbers match and nothing is stolen - most commonly done after purchasing a car from interstate. It wasn't/isn't defected is it?

 

If you're driving the car there then it should at least look & sound roadworthy or they may start to ask questions - you have to drive it in their shed and then sit "over there" while they do the inspection. If it's on a trailer you're probably pretty safe so long as there aren't any obvious modifications and the car wasn't defected before it ran out of rego.

 

Cheers,

tom

Edited by TOM

hey just so i don't clog up a new thread, if this is hijacking mods please delete.

 

if I'm swapping a 1.6 like my 2t for say a 4age is that a regency deal to check if the engine aint red flagged? or just transport sa?

  • Author

It hasn't been defected or anything, looks clean,

should I repair all rust damage before, for safetys sake?

Will they give it a big look around or just check the engine and chassis numbers?

 

I don't think it even needs to go to regency for an ID check, you can make appointments at other places (murray bridge, Lonsdale).

Do you reckon I'd be better off doing the long haul to murray bridge or lonsdale, the woman at service sa did mention lonsdale,

they wont be as strict as regency will they?

Edited by fkj

It hasn't been defected or anything, looks clean,

should I repair all rust damage before, for safetys sake?

Will they give it a big look around or just check the engine and chassis numbers?

 

 

Do you reckon I'd be better off doing the long haul to murray bridge or lonsdale, the woman at service sa did mention lonsdale,

they wont be as strict as regency will they?

 

 

Yes! fix anything defectable before you go.

 

Anything that looks suspect/defectable you'll cop a canary and more than likely be sent to regency.

 

From what i've heard lonsdale isnt quite as daunting/evil, but don't count on it.

hey just so i don't clog up a new thread, if this is hijacking mods please delete.if I'm swapping a 1.6 like my 2t for say a 4age is that a regency deal to check if the engine aint red flagged? or just transport sa?

 

DTEI will tell you if it's stolen or not. No need for regency, you should be able to check over ezyreg.com.au

 

Do you reckon I'd be better off doing the long haul to murray bridge or lonsdale, the woman at service sa did mention lonsdale,they wont be as strict as regency will they?

 

I don't think you'll be able to go to MB, I think I asked the question and you have to live out there. I'd try for lonsdale first.

I don't think it even needs to go to regency for an ID check, you can make appointments at other places (murray bridge, Lonsdale).

 

If you live outside of 20km/h from the nearest city ID checking station, then you can get it ID checked in the regional areas.

  • Author

If you live outside of 20km/h from the nearest city ID checking station, then you can get it ID checked in the regional areas.

Sounds like its regency for me then, cheers guys :)

The ID checking station isnt at Regency itself, its around the corner in the same area, just a few streets away.

 

Find out the address and google map it and you'll see what I mean.

  • Author

ohh yay :)

cheers raven

just keep in mind if the vehicle is there to be inspected, inspectors don't just 'look past' obvious roadworthy issues.

Edited by son of stig

i bought a car 4 months back they regency park picked on the window tint and went along and scratched it all and would not pass id until it was removed real arseholes was a friday morning

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.